Weak hind legs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me we have just noticed in the last week Floyd our lion head seems to have a problem with his back end.

First off he is eating, drinking and pooing. but seems a bit subdued.

If you turn him on his side he can't seem to self right himself (we don't deliberately do this to our bunnies we tried it after noticing he had a problem) we noticed it a week ago and decided to moniter it but its like he has lost his spring. with his back feet last weekend he would do little jumps but today he couldn't even jump onto the patio(roughly 30 cm high) he made one attempt and didn't make it so gave up.

Also when he moves his back legs are together sometimes he tippy toes and sometimes he hops but the other bunnies seem to have their feet in a v shape a bit but Floyd almost looks like someones tied a bit of string to keep them together.and we feel like he has no strength in his back end.

Thought i would see if any of you could give me any advice before i go to the vets

How old is he? Could he have been dropped or fallen, or jumped wrong?

It could be a leg injury, but it could also be a back injury or E. cuniculi. Let us know what the vet finds!

He will be 3 this year not been dropped he is very independant, he could have jumped into his hutch wrong maybe i think he struggled one night that was a couple of weeks ago i made my husband make him a ramp tonight but he isn't doing much.

Is it better to let them exercise or not?

ok thanks need to go to the vet on tues with nibs anyway, the vet needs like an hour for an appointment with us at the mo cause every time one bun is fixed another gets ill! and we end up taking like 3 at a time!!

Hi guys, just thought i would let you know took floyd to the vets today, he thinks its a back injury and said his back felt quite stiff.

He has given him metacalm 2 drops daily on food for a couple of days and we are to put him in a big non slip pen so he is taking the spare bedroom as nibbler is all fixed.

Also my vet said i can borrow his acupuncture machine as its an electric one nad doesn't have needles just vibrations for a couple of days and if we are getting results can but one. he said it is easy to use so we will give him this week and if there is no improvement i might try it. Do any of you have any experience with acupuncture for bunnies?

Latest posts

Back