We planted our garden!!! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunLover

Reaction score
About 2 days ago we planted our garden. I might have posted a thread of what rabbits can eat before but I was wondering what they could have from the stuff we planted this year!!!!!!

1. Sunflowers, (I know rabbits can not have sunflowers put this is the list of what we planted)

2. Kale

3. Lettece

4. Spinach

5. Radishes

6. Cucumbers

7. Zucchini

8. Green beans

Kale, lettuce, spinach (occasionally) are all good for rabbits. The leaves of the cucumbers are good. Zucchini in small quantities once in a while.

Basil grows really well if you'd like to try that too. I had a small garden full of it -- enough to harvest every day for the rabbits.

About 2 days ago we planted our garden. I might have posted a thread of what rabbits can eat before but I was wondering what they could have from the stuff we planted this year!!!!!!

1. Sunflowers, (I know rabbits can not have sunflowers put this is the list of what we planted)

2. Kale

3. Lettece

4. Spinach

5. Radishes

6. Cucumbers

7. Zucchini

8. Green beans

According to Medirabbit(and other sources), sunflowers are considered safe for rabbits. Though if you're talking about the seeds, if fed, those should only be fed very sparingly as a treat/supplement.

Medirabbit: safe flowers for rabbits

We have always had a dill patch untim this year and Storm would just beeline for it whenever the door was open for him to go and explore. Almost any sort would grow fast and a lot of it too. Plus it's safe for rabbits even in a bit bigger amounts if they get used to it.
I've also heard that lemonbalm(melissa?) and/or mint also grows like crazy, though i haven't had the luck to get sprouts from those.

^ Yes, mint will grow like crazy and s p r e a d . It's best to grow mint in a pot or it will take over a garden.

@Blue eyes, how much should I plant

I've planted a single packet of basil seeds. Other seasons, I just bought half a dozen that were already started (little 2" or 3" pots from the store).

Mine loves watercress and it grows like a weed and doesn't take much other then it likes water. No special NPK values, it just grows. Good idea for your next go-around :)

Latest posts

Back