We Need Prayers for Lily

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Lily has been fighting stasis off and on for thelast couple of weeks. In the last 24 hrs, it has gottenreally bad. She has stopped eating and drinking and doesn'twant to do anything. I'm doing all the stuff I know to do forher and saying lots of prayers. I've had no sleep, but Shawnis going to sit with her so I can get some rest. I'll updateas soon as possible.

Jen

Oh Jen I am so sorry. I will be thinkingand praying hard for you and Lily. Come On Lily you can do it baby,poop for mom.

:hug:My heart goes out to you. If you need anything let me know.

Love from all of us here at the Acres

Tina

pamnock wrote:
If this has been going on for weeks, there may be an underlying health problem.

Pam
This is my concern as well. It hasn't been so bad until nowthat I wanted to get her a vet appointment. She just wasn'teating as much as normal and her poops were less, but if she was eatingless, of course, she would poop less...

I'm feeling very guilty that maybe I just didn't take it seriously enough.

Jen

Jen , Nosense beating your self,Concidering all you have been through in the lastfew weeks its veryunderstandable , You have my Home numberif you need to talk , callanytime. Please keep usupdated , were here to sit andworry with you .

im so very sorry.. she is in my thoughts and ipray she gets better soon. does she have a vet appt now? maybe anemergency surgery would improve things.

I talked to my vet today. He and Idiscussed the fact that she had been eating less for a few weeks andagreed that it wasn't less enough to make us worry. So Iguess I was a bit premature to say that she has been fighting stasisfor a few weeks, but rather her apatite has declined. Also,we decided that if she is no better, I'm taking her in tomorrow.

Her condition hasn't changed much. I'm just so worried and myheart is in my stomach. She hasn't eaten anything or poopedat all. I'm giving her treatments of pumpkin, gas drops,pellet slurry w/Pedialyte, pain reliever and so on. She takesit, and I really wish she fought it more.

Please pray for her, I'm so concerned for her. My poor baby.

:sad:

Jen

You and Lily are in my thoughts - come on Lily do some poops for mummy and eat some food

:pray::pray: xx

Awww Jen I hope she comes around quickly, I knowPam posted a site a few days ago about stasis, and there were a couplethings in there that might help keep her going until you can get herinto a vet. One thing that comes to mind is tummy massage, If she willtolerate it. I will keep her in my thoughts hun, and please keep usposted as to how she is doing.
Opps mom pointed out that I forgot the link lol so here it is:http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=10807&forum_id=1
and
irc://geeksinc.serveirc.com/gypsy,isnick
http://www.tours.inra.fr/urbase/internet/resultats/enterocolite/nieddu

Latest posts

Back