We Need More Bunny Vets! Please Sign and Share!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true! There are a number of vet hospitals in my city (which is not a small one!) and only ONE treats rabbits?!

I like this idea. Speaking from personal experience at my school we only get one course in a special species class. This goes through the most popular exotics and we get taught it in our second year I believe. Luckily my school has a Zoo Exotics and Wildlife club that I can get more experience but most of the things we get to do with rabbits are lectures. This semester we might get to do a rabbit handling wet lab which will be very cool.

It’s really hard to try and cram more curriculum into an already packed schedule. It’s well known that there is no way we can possibly know wverything we need to be doctors in four years so schools have to pick and choose what we learn and unfortunately exotics aren’t a big thing unless you have a really good exotics vet that works at the school.

Latest posts

Back