We lost our Doe.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnytopia

Reaction score
We have lost our chocolate lionhead doe Fudge Brownie tonight, i was wandering if any of you could help us understand why.Leon (my hubbie) brought me and my sisiter a chocolate lionhead eachat the beginning of Jan 2006,they are now 14 weeks old.i had a phone call to say check on shake (my buck) because Fudge had gone all floppy, my sister went out tocheck on them and found her lying on her side with her eyes shut.Shake was fine binkying aroung his hutch waiting 4 yet more food! i went to see fudge and she was lay in a litter tray (which was cushioned by a towel)she looked like she was resting after a good run! not drinking or eating, she couldnt lift herself up, my sister lifted her to try and get her to drink and she was like a newborn baby very very floppy, every now and then she would kick her hind legs out but nothing too strenuous, we sat and watched her for a while, then all of a sudden she gave out 3 kicks and she had gone. it all happened so quick, has any body else had this happen to them or would anybody know what it could of been?

sam and nikki

So sorry you've lost your bunnie :(

The young ones can go so fast when they start to go downhill.

We had a mini rex that was about 8 weeks old. He was fine when we brought him home. For three days he seemed perfectly normal. On day 4 he seemed a little "out of it". We rushed him to the vet. The vet found that he had problem with his heart and a mass in his abdomen. He was gone within a few hours. We miss little Copper, but we know he's with Buck now.

Fudge is also with Buck...over the Rainbow Bridge. She's happy and healthy and she'll be waiting for the day that she sees you again.

....binky free little Fudge!!

:pray::rainbow::jumpingbunny:

TinysMom wrote:
I do have some more questions but I need to pull my thoughts together and stop crying...

Peg

:hug:...sounds like you could use a hug, Peg.

When any one of us loses one of our charges it affects us all.

~Jim

Thank you both for your words, Peg that link was really good for me to read it was just like what happened to fudge and i will get nikki to read it when she gets in from work at 11pm.

im sorry for both of your losses :pray::hug:

JimD wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
I do have some more questions but I need to pull my thoughts together and stop crying...

Peg

:hug:...sounds like you could use a hug, Peg.

When any one of us loses one of our charges it affects us all.

~Jim

Thanks Jim. I didn't realize as a breeder that I'd feel so much pain....I see both life...and death. Its heartbreaking. It is hard enough when a baby is stillborn - or when I lose it after a few days. But when it is an older baby or an adult - I cry for most of the day at least. I keep saying, "Enough...I'm giving up..." but then I look at my rabbits and go, "I can't let you go. I love you too much."

I told Art - the day I stop crying over a rabbit that passes away....is the day he finds another breeder to take them.

Peg

hi iam nikki it was my little fudge that went to the bridge 2nite, id like 2 say thanx 4 ur advice and kindness.

still a little confused this is definately the worst part of being a breeder :cry1

bunnyfarm wrote:
hi iam nikki it was my little fudge that went to the bridge 2nite, id like 2 say thanx 4 ur advice and kindness.

still a little confused this is definately the worst part of being a breeder :cry1

Nikki - welcome to the forum. Please feel free to join our breeder's area - we have some good discussions going on sometimes - and of course you can ask any questions you want!

Peg

Latest posts

Back