Oh no, what a terrible shock. I am so sorryabout Cala. At least you know that the spay wasn't the cause of it, butthat won't help how you are feeling now. I will be thinking of you, andhope Pheebe recovers quickly.
First of all, thank you for the email letting meknow about this - for those who don't know - I am the breeder thatthese bunnies came from! Its been neat watching them grow (ok- I would've loved to see more photos - but hey - life isbusy!).
As I said in the email - I'm sure she was spoiled rotten and loved andI don't think she could've had a better home or bunny parent who lovedher. Nobody knew she had a genetic problem - and I have afeeling there was no way to know! From birth onward sheseemed just like all the other little bunnies here...
I'm sure her time with you was the best life she could've hadanywhere. I know you two loved those rabbits and did all youcould for them.
I am sorry for your loss - and I do grieve with you and am in tears asI write this. But please know - you did all you could - youdid more than many people do.....
Give Phoebe and the boys a hug from me....and if sometime in the futureyou need another lionhead - you know how to reachme. But give yourself time to grieve...
Just know - you did nothing wrong...sometimes life just gives us bad things like this even when we try to do the right thing!
I was just remembering that I do have more picsof Cala that I will have to post sometime later. They arefrom one of the first times that she just decided to hang out with uson the couch instead of running off like usual. They areprobably the most recent pics we have. I'll have to post themsometime later.
She still seems to be doing ok. Even though she has only had24 hours worth of pain medication, she hasn't appeared to be inpain. No grinding of the teeth or anything.
She may not be eating as much as normal but she is eating, drinking,and pooping. I guess I'm not suprised that she hasn't had areal strong appetite after all that she has went through.We'll probably be taking her in for her check-up either tomorrow or theday after. Depending on what the vet says we'll see how soonshe can start hanging out with the other bunnies.