We lost Cala, Pheebs is fine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Jack

Reaction score
I'll be taking them tomorrow morning to gettheir spayings. I just know I'm going to be a total basketcase between the hours of 8:30 and noon tomorrow.

Hey best of luck to your buns!! Nothing willstop you from being a nervous parent until they're home safe and sound.Keep us posted!!

:hearts::party0002:colors::sunshine:Good Luck Cala &Pheebs!:sunshine::colors::party0002:hearts:

:hug2:thumbup:clover::bunny19:clover::thumbup:hug2

:party0002:group:groupparty::group:party0002

:party0002:party0002:party0002:party0002:party0002:party0002:party0002:party0002

Good thoughts and prayers for you and your babies! :hug2

We lost Cala. The vets said that thewhole operation went smoothly and she woke up fine and seemed ok butthen they checked on her again and she had stopped breathing.I asked them to let us see her and she looked just perfect. Icouldn't stop myself from breaking down right there in front ofeveryone. I oked an necropsy and they just got back to me andinformed me that she had some apparent liver problems. Herliver was kind of yellow and somehow kind of attached to one of herkidneys. I guess they tried to make me feel better that shejust had some genetic problems and that I didn't kill her sending herto get fixed. They are gonna do some more tests and get backto me, afterwards I asked to have her creamated. I don't knowwhat we are gonna do with the ashes but we have no place to bury herand I couldn't think of just letting them dispose of her.

Phoebe is fine and the procedure went smoothly for her. We'llbe keeping an eye on her. They gave her one shot for painthat is suppose to last 24 hours and told us to bring her in if sheneeds more medication. She was there with Cala when she diedso Pheebs shouldn't feel abandoned I guess. We are supposedto keep her caged (no play time) for the next week and check herincision. She'll be going in for a check-up in a fewdays. After that I guess we will let her hang out with theboys so she has some company.

:sad:

I'm so sorry.

The vet's right, there's no way you could have known she had liverproblems. Not that it makes the pain of losing her any less difficult:hug2

Binkie free, Cala :rainbow:

And lots of healing vibes for (((Phoebe)))

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. One can neverknow what to expect. It's good you got some answers, but nothing willheal you but time. Take care.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. It'salways so frightening to bring a bun in for surgery, and there is noway you or the vet could have known about this.

Binky free Cala.:angel:

And get better soon, Phoebe!

:hug2

I'm so sorry, Sweetie...:(:bigtears::rose:

:rainbow:Binky Free, little Cala.:rainbow:

Be assured, you didn't do anything wrong. You did what everygood bunny parent should do, and took her in to get spayed.She would have had a much lesser chance at life if you hadn't taken herin. You didn't have a hand in this...you were trying to saveher life.

Much love and hugs!!

Rosanna

Latest posts

Back