We got babies!!@!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmmcnair

Reaction score
WOOHOO! Jenna is giving birth at thisvery moment! So far I've seen 3 or 4 little naked babies!!! Iwill send pics later! WOOHOO!

Dawn

Okay, Jenna had 8 beautiful little nakedbabies. There were no stillbirths! The following are picsfrom yesterday and today.

This is Jenna gathering her hay out of her nest box and putting it on the wire...

I finally found a small enough cardboard box that she could build her nest and kindle in....and here she is building away!

The pulling of hair started a bit last night andwent on this morning...wow that was a lot of hair!!! Anywayhere is Jenna in the process of kindling...

Now....for the very first baby pics, she was still kindling but I saw some itty bitty feet waving around and couldn't resist!

And here they are...I moved them into the rightnestbox, it's more secure and warm.....they are being movedoutside althoughI am rethinking that! My dad may just have to deal with it!!!

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing thephotos. I'd keep them inside for at least a weeksothey are nice and strong, well fed and have a little fur :)

Pam

Congratulations!!!It's always so exciting when our babies finally arrive!! They'readorable.

Lanna

Oh bluebird, I'm sosorry to hear that...I was so scared I was going to find one dead, Imight have if she had had the babies in the middle of the night...as itwas she had them in the middle of the afternoon so I could bugher. I know though that I might not have the same luck withthe other does that will be bred in a few weeks, them being in a barnand all.

I have a question for all thebreeders....do the does continue to pull hair after the kits areborn??? Jenna was pulling more hair this morning.Then she was back in the nestbox, feeding I assume, but why did shepull more hair??? She is in the house...we are keeping it pretty coolin here still, how will I know if they are getting overheated??? Thekits are moving around and pretty active at certain times of the day(big surprise to me! those babies are amazing!).Thanks all!

dmmcnair wrote:
I have a question for all thebreeders....do the does continue to pull hair after the kits areborn??? Jenna was pulling more hair this morning.Then she was back in the nestbox, feeding I assume, but why did shepull more hair??? She is in the house...we are keeping it pretty coolin here still, how will I know if they are getting overheated??? Thekits are moving around and pretty active at certain times of the day(big surprise to me! those babies are amazing!).Thanks all!

Good question Dawn. Sweet Pea had a litter Tuesday. I noticed Fridaymorning that she was pulling fur again. I posted a question on theboard and asked why she might do this. Pam replied that sometimes ifthere's a drop in temp the doe will pull more fur to make sure the kitsstay warm. (which was the case)

Chloe also pulled fur afterher kits were born. But, she didit right after.I assumed it was because she felt they neededmore fur. She waited till the last minute to pull fur, so she didnthave a lot in the nest box.

Lanna

Latest posts

Back