Watson and Cricket

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
After losing Sherlock so soon after adopting him and Watson, I figured it was best to start a new blog for Watson and Cricket. This was my blog for Sherlock and Watson

Yesterday I went to the Bunny Bunch, a local rabbit rescue, and filled out an application and met some of their bunnies. Today I brought Watson with me and he had three bunny dates. He seemed to get along okay with all three of them, but I think he got along best with the third bunny, Eve. They even shared some Italian Parsley together.

This was her photo at the rescue. Her description was: "Eve is a sweet little girl who is excellent with her litter box habits even for just recently being spayed. She would love a boyfriend if you've got a lonely bun!"
She was found on a golf course Christmas eve of 2011 so she had been there for over a year. The volunteers there were all very excited to see her go home.
eve829.jpg

Of course, Watson and Eve didn't have the same ring to it that Sherlock and Watson had, so I decided to rename her Cricket. Now they're named after another famous duo: Watson and Crick, the two nobel prize winners credited with discovering the structure of DNA (which I guess makes me Franklin, the woman who did all the work and got none of the credit).

They rode home in the car together and then spent some time together in a pen in my room. So far things seem to be going well.

IMG_1728.jpg

Here's a short video of Watson grooming Cricket.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmO3v0OFK9o[/ame]

Awww, that's so sweet :) I'm so glad you were able to find a new friend for him. They look great together!

They are adorable :D You will make a fabulous Franklin ;)

how could someone dump such a cutie on a golf course? :pssd:

I can't believe she'd been there for just over a year... she must be SO excited to finally have a real home again! I'm amazed that there's grooming going on already - looks like a *great* match-up... Watson must find it so comforting to have a bunny friend to snuggle with again.

I am so glad Watson found a new bond mate, I'm also glad that Cricket found such a great home. I bet she is very thankful! They look so adorable together and they deserve each other so much.
She's a lovely little bun!

I just love seeing the new pair together and am so happy Watson has someone to snuggle up to so he won´t feel so lonely. How could they leave her on the golf course, she looks like such a sweet, gentle little bun and great to see Watson taking care of her already. They look great together as well.

What a sweet pair! I hope they are bondmates for life now! Certainly looks that way....that video reminds me of how I have to tell Big Bunny "now don't groom Pip's eye out!" because somehow he always gets stuck grooming his eyeball. Ha!

Last night the buns rode in their carrier to and from the airport (~45 minutes each way) for a little car ride bonding. Today I penned them up in a small corner of my room with me where I watched TV on my laptop and monitored them. I forced them to do a little cuddling and then fed them a pile of hay while they sat together. Occasionally Watson would groom Cricket. Then he'd try and bite her side, but I put a stop to that. Eventually he sat in his corner while she lied down in her corner for some relaxation time. I took that as a good sign.

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

That little Cricket is so adorable. In the second picture, the one of her side, I love her three little black spots that are in a triangle on her shoulder. And my mom has that snowflake blankets for her dogs, lol.
Watson is such a cutie. He photographs so well! He looks so handsome and regal in that picture. Where's his bow tie?! Are you going to get something pretty to put on Cricket to take adorable pictures?

PS. My cat seems to be feeling better, her third eyelid has gone down. Thanks again for all your help! :)

Cricket is SOOO beautiful!!!!! I LOVE her coloring/markings. She is soo cute :) I am sure that she is happy to have you. I can not believe that nobody got her before now! You would have thought that she would have been snatched up right away.

The Bunny Bunch has hundreds of rabbits to choose from, but I'll admit that I too thought, gee, what's wrong with her then, after hearing that she'd been there for over a year. I mean, she's got beautiful coloring and no health issues. They are really a great rescue and I'd recommend them to anyone else in southern California. They also have a store both at the rescue and online filled with tons of bunny goodies.

She is such a beauty, she has lovely markings and I too and so surprised no had taken her but maybe she was just waiting for Watson to come along. I love all the photos, she´s got such a lovely little face and I´m sure they´re going to be fine together. He´s such a handsome little boy and would love to see some photos of them together in all their finery

Bonding has been progressing well. I spent a good hour with the two of them last night feeding them greens and hay and eventually the both plopped down in their respective corners.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8zj62aXs8[/ame]

Isn´t that great, they do look comfortable together and she´s such a lovely girl. Hope it all continues to go so well.

I see some really good signs in that video. They were eating together. They were not after eachother. Cricket even floped next to Watson. All those are good signs. I hope that it works out for you :)

Jennifer, you´re right, you can hear him munching every bit of hay lol. I just love the flop she does half way through....she looks really comfy.

Wow! just read through your blog and yes, Cricket is an adorable bunny :). I bet Watson and Cricket were meant for eatchother :).

BTW I'm sorry you lost Sherlock. And love the video :).

:shock2:OMG NO WAY!!!:shock2:

I was going to adopt Eve the first weekend in December and then things went crazy with my father in law being sick and passing away and the holidays. Here's my post with her picture and everything. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f35/iz-going-date-71590/

I actually just email the rescue to see if she was still available since she's still on their web-ste. That is CRAZY!!! We are going next Friday to get a bun from there. I'm hoping they have a lop because that's what I really want.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back