Watermelon lime spritzers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
I found this recipe and tried it....oh my gosh it is sooo yummy.

4 cups seedless watermelon
1 container frozen limeade
2 liters club soda
lime slices

In a blender puree the watermelon. Pour through a sieve to remove pulp and any small seeds that are in it. Mix the watermelon with the limeade concentrate. Refrigerate for several hours (I skip this step sometimes doesn't seem to make a difference). Gently stir in the club soda. Serve over ice and garnished with a slice of lime.

This is VERY refreshing on a hot day. And its pretty healthy.

Sounds delicious. Another cooling drink

1/2 cup of cold leftover coffee ( I keep mine from breakfast )
1/2 cup of almond milk ( sweetened or unsweetened - can add stevia or sugar to sweeten )
2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup of ice.

Put in blender and blend till smooth. If you want a power drink add a tablespoon of protein powder, before blending.

Both of those sound really good! Especially the watermelon drink :) How long does it stay good in the fridge before you add the seltzer water?

Here's one I like a lot:

Apple Juleps

1 quart apple juice
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
fresh mint leaves to garnish

Mix together juices and refrigerate until cold. Serve garnished with mint.

It says to mix it it all and then refrigerate...we found it lasts a day and you will have to stir it before you pour a glass. I am going to try next time I make it to make the "syrup" and keep it refrigerated and then just mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with the seltzer as we want a glass. Don't be surprised though as it is NOT a sweet beverage. It is tart. I'm wondering if it will be sweeter when watermelon is more in season.

Oh and my sons came up with the idea of trying strawberries with the limeade instead of watermelon so we're gonna see how that works today LOL

It was really yummy with the strawberries. Oh and we made it with strawberries and frozen lemonade which was pretty good too. Thing with strawberries is if they are fresh you have to add some water in the blender with them or else you get paste instead of juice LOL

Mmm I love strawberry lemonade! What I usually do is buy a bag of frozen strawberries (the kind without sugar), let them thaw, then toss them in the blender. They're soft from being frozen and thawed so you don't need to add liquid. Then just pour it into a pitcher and add a little container of Crystal Light lemonade and water. Yum :)

We made a peach Spritzers drink last night, You can find the recipes and also lots of food at tasteofhome.com

ROFL Mistyjr the original watermelon one came from taste of home....I LOVE that cookbook...I have the yearly versions for the past 12 years or so.

Snowyshiloh I can't have crystal lite sort of....I can have their Pure ones as it is stevia and not aspartame (I'm very allergic to aspartame,splenda,nutrasweet etc.) Problem is Pure only comes in single packets for water bottles....BUT....I've been told they are going to be coming out with the Pure in pitcher sizes...YAY!!!!!! Oh and for anyone else allergic to aspartame or nutrasweet if you see an ingredient that says phenylthalanine or L-phenylthalanine or phenylkeuratonics (I know I spelled them wrong)...that is the chemical name for aspartame. It's how they are now slipping it into our foods without us knowing about it.

nermal71 wrote:
ROFL Mistyjr the original watermelon one came from taste of home....I LOVE that cookbook...I have the yearly versions for the past 12 years or so.

:biggrin2: I also have the cook book, And we love it. Every time we eat, We make stuff from the cookbook. Its good stuff, I also go on the website if I want something else thats not in the book... Just thought to give the website if people wanted it! :biggrin2::p:big wink:

I'm hoping they come out with a gluten free cookbook....it appears that I am having issues from gluten so am having to go gluten free...and all of the prepackaged junk is soooo expensive....coming up with as much as I can on my own...but sometimes its nice to find a recipe that is labeled as what I need and know that I don't have to worry about it LOL

Latest posts

Back