Water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meghan910

Reaction score
I always give Manhattan fresh water twice a dayand fill it to the top like your supposed to. He does drink his water,just not a lot of it. Is this normal?

Meghan

Yes, it is normal. Iszy drinks about 3times as much as Lenci in a week. Every bunny isdifferent. :)

Mine does not drink much too usually. Althoughsometimes he is glued to the water bottle for 10 minutes. I think hedrinks more when I give him something sweet like papaya.

Ooops. I thought you said he drinks a lot of water. Is he pooping?

I posted this in June:

The amount of water an individual rabbit will drinkdaily depends upon a number of factors. A rabbit on a dryconcentrate diet will drink far more than a rabbit on a diet of onlyleafy greens/vegetables.

" Water consumption varies with age of rabbits,type of ration, season and stage of production. In both coldand hot weather, waterconsumption is increased. "(ref. 8th edition of RabbitProduction)

"A 10-12 lb. doe with an 8 week old litter of 7 kits may drink as muchas 1 gallon of water within a 24 hour period." (ref.Ohio State University Extension)

http://www.rabbits.com/rabbitsmag/page%208.htm

excerpt: "A rabbit will consume about 120 ml per kilogram of body weight per day."

Pam

Didn't ever see our first free ranging(24/7) rabbit everdrink water for the first 6 monthswe ownedhim.Started drinking during a hot spell and drankcopious amounts forever after. Go figure!

Buck

In the "olds days" it was said that rabbitsdidn't need water. They were fed primarily greens andvegetables, so received their liquids quota via their diet.As buck stated, free range rabbits on grass will drink very little tono water unless it's very hot and/or the grasses are very dry at thepeak of summer.

Pam

Latest posts

Back