Water bowl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using a ceramic bowl for Ted’s drinking water, but recently he’s acquired the bad habit of tipping it over.

I’m looking for a new tip-proof bowl that’ll work for a rabbit. I will probably get a stainless steel bowl meant for dogs, unless anybody has a better suggestion…..?

Hmm I tried posting a pic of the bowl from my photo library. I was able to do it in the past but it doesn’t work now.

Anyway it’s a big stainless steel bowl meant for dogs, just wondering if anybody has knowledge of a smaller, tip proof bowl for mischievous rabbits?

Dollar Tree sells a plastic non-tip bowl for pets. We use them for some of our buns. The others use small frying pans or sauce pans that we pick up from thrift stores for less than a dollar, usually. I only buy those that have no handles, or, handles that can be removed, easily. We only use heavy pans that are almost impossible to tip.

I'm not too keen on gravity systems. If you've ever used your fingers to wipe out a rabbit's water bowl you'll note that it becomes slimy from their saliva. For that reason, we wash out our buns' bowls every day. That usually doesn't get done in a gravity system.

Furthermore, the water in bowls and gravity basins gets covered with a layer of rabbit fur floating on the top. I wouldn't want to drink hairy water; so, I don't think our rabbits would like it, either; yet another reason to wash the bowl daily.

Dollar Tree sells a plastic non-tip bowl for pets. We use them for some of our buns. The others use small frying pans or sauce pans that we pick up from thrift stores for less than a dollar, usually. I only buy those that have no handles, or, handles that can be removed, easily. We only use heavy pans that are almost impossible to tip.

I'm not too keen on gravity systems. If you've ever used your fingers to wipe out a rabbit's water bowl you'll note that it becomes slimy from their saliva. For that reason, we wash out our buns' bowls every day. That usually doesn't get done in a gravity system.

Furthermore, the water in bowls and gravity basins gets covered with a layer of rabbit fur floating on the top. I wouldn't want to drink hairy water; so, I don't think our rabbits would like it, either; yet another reason to wash the bowl daily.

Nope, technology won't save us from having to wash bowls. 😁 But it's just as easy to rinse out the gravity bowl as any other. Lift off the tank, wash out the bowl, replace the tank. Ta da!

Latest posts

Back