Water Bottle Drips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
itsazoo wrote:
lol I am a breeder(Prairie Clan),I have 107 gerbils not including the current litters.
o.m.g that is insaaane!

do you breed all of the 107 or are they for sale? holy hell thats a crazy number of gerbils! lol

oddly enough when people contact us to ask about puchasing we have a hard time comming up with any for them lol we do sell of coarse, but only privatly, and we dont breed TOO sell, we breed for ourselves. the number is high right now, but it will start dropping soon as quite a few are 3-4 years old. and many are just pets, some of the stock we imported last year has started producing some defects(like Pirate who was born with 1 eye, and Tipsy who has only 1 ear) so we are keeping a lot of pups right now for use in correcting the problem.

The water bottles I've had the best luck with have been "Water Buddy" bottles...they don't have the little balls at the end, instead they have a little lever that the rabbits push down with their tongues to get the water to start flowing.

I have 3 of those bottles, one of them is pretty old, and none of them leak. I also like they you refill them from the top, so you don't have to worry about breaking the seal every time you need to refill them and they are easy to refill without removing them from the side of the cage.

However, the company that makes them stopped making them awhile back so they are kind of hard to find now. Amazon still has the smaller size bottle and I was told that you can sometimes find the larger size on Ebay, but that's kind of hit or miss.

I switched to using automatic bowls recently because I hate cleaning out the inside of water bottles. The automatic bowls, for me, combine the things I like best about bottles and bowls. They are easy to clean thoroughly, but hold a lot of water so I don't have to refill them a million times a day. They are heavy so the rabbits can't tip them and spill the water, and because they hold so much water I can go out for a day without ever having to worry that the rabbits will run out.

are the automatic bowls only for a rabbitry/shed/barn setup??.is this something that can logically be done in a home for house bunnies?..i really dont want to have a bunch of PVC pipes running thru my house:)
Chelle is ur system for a rabbitry or house pets? and ive also done my research on this water bottle subject before and all the great reviews were for the "water buddy" i then tried to hunt some down and ur right they are no longer in business....grrr..i just wanna know how a company who has the BEST water bottle design can go out of business??......maybe because once u buy one u never have to buy another one...huh...yea i think the manufacturers of the drippy bottles are a little smarter then we realize......:grumpy:

Lol I posted about this a while back because I was at my wit's end as well so I sympathize...

I tested out this kind of bottle:

http://www.savingtag.com/product/14/783/Small-Pet-Water-Bottle-Sippy.html

I've had absolutely no problem with it unless someone pushes a toy or something up against it, keeping the valve pushed in... Lol. I really love this bottle actually. Plus, I find it very handy that you can just pop off the cover and pour in fresh water for general maintenance. (Important to wash the bottle regularly) Anywhoooo, I shall be changing all my bottles to these in the spring :biggrin2:

I worry so much about Theodore having fresh water that he has a bottle AND an auto-waterer.

Like this one:
_9str8xprKQbIV9Zzl5WpRAcSj-kVT53aqrvu8c7pmgZBbcGcCO_WdRVG6iuguwmTOhntXxDg2dihBJgma0FbZmr-4oV7zWejZ7o3ts8hOKd662KkG2zX2v4WoZfXbAFnn4ngkcmijgKTIrGM8-hXOxmJqo

I put the water bottle just above the edge of the dish on the auto-waterer so if it drips it just drips into it.

Theodore prefers drinking from the bowl over drinking from the bottle, but I know if something happens and I get stranded away from home, he has 2 quarts of water in his auto-waterer and a large water bottle as a backup in case the bowl gets dirty.

As far as drips go, I have conceded that I just need to keep something beneath to catch the dripping.

Latest posts

Back