Walkies!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score
I bought a lead and iput it on fidget(its so cute it have cute lil carrots on it, it cosround neck and body).

I took of the lead so he could run round with it on and get used to it.

Then i attached the lead and tried to take him for a walk round the garden.

He satthere....................................and kept onsitting.............................in fact he wouldnt budge! Whenfinally he did move he sprinted off then flipped round to face me. hegot upset so i took it of.

*sobs*

How can I get him to like the lead?? How didyou get your bunnies to like their lead?

Any help appreciated.

luv 4rm loz

xoxoxoxoxox

Oh, bless his little heart. :(

Loz, most of the bunnies don't just accept the harness andleash the first time that you put it on them. You have toacclimate them to it.

What we've been doing with Sherman is to just put the harnesson for a little bit each day. Then every couple of days or sowe put on the leash so that he can get used to it. What we'vefound is that he doesn't mind the harness, but he doesn't like theleash at all, primarily because it restricts him from going where hewants to go.

I'd suggest that you try the same technique. Maybelet bunny wear the harness only for about 30 minutes or so each dayaround the house so that he can get used to the feel of it.Then start intermittently to attach the leash for a little while overthe course of a few days until he gets used to that. THENtake him outside with the full gear and let him hop around with it on.

So sorry that the little one's reaction upset you.Try what I've suggested above and let us know how it worksout.

BunnyMommy suggested a very good idea. If I wantto take my boys for a walk, I put on the harness and unclip the leash.I just let them run around free with it on for a bit and then by thetime I go to take them for a walk, they have stopped trying to escapethe harness. Each day you can put the harness on and just let Fidgetrun around, he will get used to it eventually.

I had the same problem with Emmit the first timeI took him out. I did like what everyone else said.He still struggles a little when I put the harness on him, and somedays he just really isn't in the mood to be strapped in.Also, make sure it isn't really hot or that the sun is beaming down onyour little bun. We take Emmit out after super when the sunis lower and the temperature is a little cooler. He's a lotmore comfortable that way.

-Carrie

lyla did the same thing i only put her harness onwhen we are going to the yard or the park, so now she has no problemcause she knows when the harness goes on the bunny goes out:D

The harness could actually be mistaken for aconstricting snake and put the rabbit into a panic as the "predator"wraps tightly around it. Practice in a very small room (suchas a bathroom) putting the harness on and letting the rabbit play init. Be sure to put in on so that it can be quickly removed ifnecessary. You may just want to start out draping it over therabbit.

Pam

Gjsara, Pamnock is very well versed inthe science of rabbitry. She is a breeder and an ARBA judgein addition to having rabbits for pets. She is also a 4-Hadvisor.

You can learn more about her rabbitry at:

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

We truly are fortunate to have her here with us as an information resource. :)

P.S. Pam, I never considered the fact that bunnymight mistake the pressure of a harness for an attackingreptile. :( WOW.

gjsara wrote:
wowpam i never new that you are very very smart
i knowthat pam breed bunnys and is a judge. and i do agree we are lucky tohave her!!!i worded my sentence incorrectly. it should haveread wow pam i never new that!!!!! you are very smart ...i was referingto the reptile and harness stament she made .

lol hahaaha tooo cute i love it what a greatpicture!!! Californians are large breeds right sorry to askim just trying to expand my bunny knowledge

oh my goodness!! lyla is teeny tiny compared tothat she only weighs about 2 pounds shes still young tho. but she willbe probally three pounds 4 at the most.

No, just Sherman. I'd likeanother one, but Sherman won't let me have one. He's the Kingof the house and he isn't interested in sharing his power atall. :(

BunnyMommy wrote:
No, just Sherman. I'd like another one,but Sherman won't let me have one. He's the King of the houseand he isn't interested in sharing his power at all.:(
lol! BunnyMommy you sound just like a little kid!

"I want a bunny rabbit, but my mom wont let me." :(

lmao, sorry BunnyMommy, I just had to laugh. ;)Glad to seeyou like King Shermans picture with his crown, that picture pops up innearly every post I see from you where Sherman has been brought up, lol.

Laura, I feel like achild. Sherman "ain't" playing about this.:( I just finally gave up on the issue.

I absolutely love thatpicture. I appreciate you enhancing it for me somuch!!! I have it on my family website, I made it my desktopimage, I've emailed it to many, many family members and friends, I havea copy of it hanging on my bedroom door, and as you know, I post itfrequently here when Sherman's name comes up ...;). It really captures the true essence of hispersonality. Thanks loads over and over again!:D

Latest posts

Back