Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow it has been awhile since I have posted anything.

First, I've lost a couple of bunny's, Nibbles died suddenly and Rudy who had a spinal injury and had to be put down.

There has been a lot of personal things going on that has added more stress then needed lately.

Two weeks ago, my daughter went to a friends house and called me at midnight. I was expecting, sorry dad didn't realize it was so late on my way home. What she actually said was dad, Andrea's neighbors came back from a walk and saw a black bunny at the grade school. If I can catch him/her can I bring it home.

I said alright, I didn't want it to get caught by a cat etc. So I went and set up a cage and prepared for our potential visitor. She called a little while later and said we caught him and I am bringing it home. I called the Humane Society and no one reported a lost bunny, but I did give them my name in case someone did call.

So I would like to introduce Max, I believe he is a Beveren. He loves his food and will sit next to his dish when I come in to feed the herd. He is the only bunny who cleans his dish between meals, crumbs and all. When he eats he makes little piggy sounds.

Max8-26-124.jpg

Max8-26-123.jpg

Max8-26-122.jpg

Max8-26-121.jpg

Max8-26-125.jpg

Oh no...a very belated RIP to Tiny, Nibbles and Rudy. :( They were so loved and couldn't have asked for a better home.

Max is stunning! He looks to have chocolate tones in his coat...and what a lovely shiny coat he has! Gorgeous boy, and I'm guessing that appetite of his is what kept him going while he was temporarily wayward. Congrats on the newest bunny member!

(P.S. hehe...it seems that the bunny adoration doesn't fall far from the tree: "What she actually said was dad, Andrea's neighbors came back from a walk and saw a black bunny at the grade school. If I can catch him/her can I bring it home." Big kudos to your daughter for wanting to save this guy!)

Hi Dave -- I was checking out the boards here, & wanted to see how you've been. So sorry to hear you lost a couple of your buns recently -- that's always so, so difficult. Max is an adorable little guy, though. One of my friends recently adopted a black rabbit (a Silverfox, I think) who was found in a dumpster, and she is one of the sweetest animals I've ever seen.

Awww max is just stunning and what a lucky guy to have been found by your family :)

I have a little piglet of my own I just adopted who was also picked up by animal control as a stray. He has a ravenous appetite ad well that I attribute to being on his own.

Sorry to hear of your buns Rudy and nibbles awhile back :(

I've had to rehome a few of my buns, Mr. Carmel, Ms. Hope and Ms. Daisy Mae have gone to nice homes and are being spoiled.

Tonight I had to put my Flemish Giant buddy Titan to sleep tonight, he was old for a flemmie and had lost control of his hind legs. It was a very difficult thing to do, but I couldn't let him suffer anymore. RIP Mr. Titan, you will be missed a great deal.

I still have his son Mr. Handsome so it will help to ease the sadness.

Oh no so sorry to hear about Titan :( it sounds like you made the best decision for him. Which is so hard sometimes but we need to remember we have that hard "job" to do at times.
Binky free Titan!

Oh Dave, I was so sorry to hear of your sad loss of Mr Titan, such a hard decision but one that sadly has to be made sometimes. I'm pleased your're able to keep Mr Handsome and I'm sure the others will settle quickly especially if they're being spoilt!

Thanks, it was hard to do, but it was for the best. He's loving up his beloved mate Ms. Sweetie now.

Mr. Titan was 7 years old.

Last night we were at my son's house until very late. So when I got home I gave extra portions of food so I could sleep in. All the bunny's complied except our newest addition Max. I put enough food in his dish to last him until tonight, it was gone when I checked on him at noon today. Max is a noisy bunny, he sounds like a pig when he eats.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I've had to rehome a few of my buns, Mr. Carmel, Ms. Hope and Ms. Daisy Mae have gone to nice homes and are being spoiled.

Tonight I had to put my Flemish Giant buddy Titan to sleep tonight, he was old for a flemmie and had lost control of his hind legs. It was a very difficult thing to do, but I couldn't let him suffer anymore. RIP Mr. Titan, you will be missed a great deal.

I saw your comment on Facebook and had to come here to check this out. I'm so sad.

At least Nxy will have her daddy to binky with her at the bridge...

Wabbitdad12 wrote:

Tonight I had to put my Flemish Giant buddy Titan to sleep tonight, he was old for a flemmie and had lost control of his hind legs.  It was a very difficult thing to do, but I couldn't let him suffer anymore.  RIP Mr. Titan, you will be missed a great deal.

Oh, Dave, Karen, I'm so sorry to read this. One of the hardest things in life to face for an animal lover is making that decision and saying goodbye. It's one of the most selfless acts we can do, but that doesn't make it any easier. When I had Raph euthanized several years ago (also a very tough decision) a few nights later I had a dream. I was standing in a room with a group of people, talking to one person who had been asking about Raph. My boy was lying on a blanket on the floor in this dream, and when the person asked about him, he began struggling to stand up (as you know, Raph had been paralyzed for the last few months of his life). I watched as he struggled for a moment, and then suddenly he was up and running about, and literally dancing with joy. I took this dream to mean that he was reaching out to tell me that he was fine, now living free of pain and disability, and that I had made the right choice. I'm sure the same is true of Titan...he is now free to be as he was in youth...happy and healthy, free of any debilitating illness.

Big hugs to you both too, for having to rehome Hope, Daisy, and Carmel. Again, never an easy decision, but knowing they have gone to loving homes is wonderful.

LOL...Max sounds like an absolute PIG! I love those kinds of bunnies... ;)

Switched bun food and some of the buns are not happy. Notice one of the buns not eating and did a check on him and discovered he has maloclusion front teeth, got the tool out and trimmed them. Just something I am going to have to watch now.

Latest posts

Back