Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bassetluv wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I was taking a trip down memory lane today and found this picture of my wife and I on our wedding day 28 years ago.  I graduated from college, was commisioned in the Air Force and married all in three weeks, that was quite a month!

KarenDaveJune11984.jpg

Oh my, what a beautiful couple you two made! Dave, you looked very dashing! And Karen, you looked just gorgeous in your wedding dress; it's beautiful on you! Gosh, you both looked so young there...;)

It's so true, there aren't a lot of marriages that withstand the test of time any more, and even fewer that do so where the couple is still genuinely happy and in love. I'm so in awe of anyone who has such a great relationship, wonderful children, and withstand all of life's hardships together. You're an inspiration to us all. :love:

Thanks Di :blushan: Gosh I was so YOUNG and THIN!! Now I am getting ready to be the mother of the groom. Time FLIES.

Di, we were young, she was 19 (turned 20 not too long after) and I was 22. I will always remember what my mother in law said "I knew when you started to date that older man he'd get serious". Older man? I was only 21 when I asked her. I still don't know how it happened, one minute we are watching Saturday Night Live and the next I am asking her to marry me. Saying to myself, "what did I just say?" Darn glad I did though.

hahaha...older man! You practically had one foot in the retirement home when you asked Karen to marry you, Dave. ;) I was young too, when I got married...21, not quite 22. He was a year younger than me, so I was constantly getting referred to as 'the old woman'. (Hated that!) However, where you guys got it right, my marriage lasted less than 3 years. I guess it's because I wasn't watching Saturday Night Live when he proposed.

Thanks Di Gosh I was so YOUNG and THIN!! Now I am getting ready to be the mother of the groom. Time FLIES.

Oh wow...congratulations! When is the wedding? Mom-of-the-groom and Dad-of-the-groom must both be very excited...and very proud! :D

Time certainly does fly, doesn't it? My son will be turning 30 :shock: in April. 30! I remember when I turned 30 myself...felt so old. And now it's Stephen's turn. I still remember him when he was just a little snook, running around in splash suits and little-boy jeans. Gosh, how do they grow up so quickly?

Our oldest, Jeff, is getting married June 30th, to his high school sweetheart:) They've been together almost 7 years.

Moms have intuition, though: I took one look at our sweet Paige and said, "That's the woman he's going to marry some day!" It shocked even me, because she was not quite 15 and he'd just turned 17...but I could just tell they were in love - the real thing - the first time I saw them together, and they'd been dating less than a month. And I basically said the same thing about the girl our other son is engaged to. (No wedding date set yet.)

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Our oldest, Jeff, is getting married June 30th, to his high school sweetheart:) They've been together almost 7 years.

Moms have intuition, though: I took one look at our sweet Paige and said, "That's the woman he's going to marry some day!" It shocked even me, because she was not quite 15 and he'd just turned 17...but I could just tell they were in love - the real thing - the first time I saw them together, and they'd been dating less than a month. And I basically said the same thing about the girl our other son is engaged to. (No wedding date set yet.)

Isn't that wonderful? I'll bet you knew long before your son even did that this was the person he was meant to be with. There really is something to 'mom's intuition'. ;)

You'll have to post some pics of the wedding! I know, it's not until June...but time really does have a way of flying by so quickly... :)

Everyone is hoppy and healthy, enjoying this mild Indiana winter. It makes me wonder if were in for a troublesome spring and summer.

Handsome and dad, Titian, have been enjoying their time out together. When I start the vacuum, Handsome heads right for daddy's cage, "protect me dad from that mean vacuum cleaner". While he's in there with dad, he gets a good grooming too.

I had bought a bale of 3rd cut hay in early January and it must have tasted good, the buns ripped right through it. Normally a bale will last a couple of months, this time just barely a month.

Happy Valentines day to everyone, being the romantic I am, I will clean cages first then take Karen to Burger King or McDonalds for supper.

Handsome and Titan don't fight when they're out together? I have been toying with letting both Smithy and Tiny Tim out together (they're brothers that are caged side by side) but I'm afraid they'd fight.

Then again - they're both so stupid that they binky directly into the back door and make loud noises...and then jump for joy that they made the loud noise.

I can't decide if they get along so well because of their laid-back dispositions, or if Titan somehow knows that Handsome is his offspring...his lone remaining link to the love of his life, Sweetie.

Its been quire a long time since I have been on RO.

Here is an update on the herd; Mr. Tiny my REW nethie passed away in April. Such a sweet little guy.

I also have been battling cases of urine scald and flea's. Mr. Handsome, black flemmie buck, developed a nasty abscess on his family jewels. Now that is painful enough, but then having your slave squeeze the abscess on them to get the puss out, ouch!:shock: He was a good boy and let me clean it out. A few shots of antibiotic and he is back to his normal sweet self.

Its official I am old, a few days after my birthday last month I received,my very own AARP card. My wife was teasing me about it, but I told her its for special people and that she will never have one because every year she turns 39. She also put together a nice party for me. I finally got something I have been wanting for a long time, a personal weather station. It transmits to several different weather web sites.

My daughter had her prom last week and this is a picture of her and her boyfriend Tyler. They were both very cooperative as mom's and grandma's took dozens of pictures. I got to be official purse holder while all the photo's were being taken.

KristinandTylerprom.jpg

Thank you.

The bunny's are being good. Mr. Rudy a french lop rescue is showing his age. He has lost weight and is having some potty issues. He still is eating good andgoing crazy at treat time.

My son's great dane, Spock, found a nest of bunny's in their yard. He was concerned about Spock hurting the bunny's. Spock hasbeen spending his time outside napping next to the nest and wathingthe kits. He has become the bunny's protector.

Your daughter is so pretty....amazing dress. I bet you are a proud dad.

Sorry to hear about your mr Tiny :(

I have a French lop, Rudy, who is up in years and is having trouble with his hind legs. He was having trouble using his litter box so I had to move him a different cage. First I had to give him a bunny butt bath, afterwards I dried him off and wrapped him in a towel. He didn't have an accident at all! Once I finally had him in his new home he finally took care of business, what a good boy.

Aww Rudy. Sounds like a sweet boy and you sound like a great bun dad, and human dad too. I'd be nervous to give Agnes a bath! Glad things went well. I'm learning, with a lionhead, how much maintenance can be required "down there" lol...

We had a storm blow through the area yesterday afternoon. Just shortly after 2pm a huge gust of wind hit the house and the power immediately went out. My son is getting married at our church just 1/2 a block away and there was no power there also. My wife and daughter stayed at my parents last night while I stayed home and kept the generator going so the frig and freezer would stay cold and take care of the dogs. Sleep for 2 hours refill the gas tank fire it up repeat...all night long. The power was out for 19 hours.

I prayed all night that the power would come back on and thank God the power returned at 9:20am this morning. I am so relieved, Paige and Jeff can relax a little.

On a sadder note, Rudy is not doing very well, I may have to put him to sleep tomorrow.:(

Heck you've had a bad time of it lately haven't you. I'm so pleased the power was finally on and hope all goes/went well with the wedding. So sorry to hear Rudy isn't too well now. Take care.

The wedding was beautiful! Everything went well and it was a beautiful ceremony, pastor talked alot, but it was beautiful. Paige was stunning and Jeff looked quite smashing in his tux.

Had a great time at the reception too. They are now safely in Hawaii, enjoying their honeymoon!

Latest posts

Back