Volunteering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Snow

Reaction score
This may be a bit of a rant, but i think i give up.

I have been trying to volunteer at several places. and why is it so hard?

i contacted Rabbit Rescue, a local organization, to volunteer. iexplained i couldn't foster, (full house). Well guess what they said,"when you can foster, call us"

Strike One.

Humane Society- after several messages.... call back in February.

Strike Two.

Another local shelter. don't need volunteers right now.

Strike three. I definatley want to volunteer with animals.

Unfortunately, all i have to give is time, and love. But no $$$$. Noone would turn down money. I mean, it'a probably a good thing if theseplaces don't need volunteers, but i really want to do something.

Any suggestions? Please

You might need to think of things to do for them yourself. For instance:

- you can raise money through your work somehow: bake something, make something and sell it.

- you can help gather things that the shelter needs like blankets, towels, toys

- you can think of jobs that they don't already have and suggest them.do they have small animal cuddlers? do they need help distributinginformation?

What about veterinarians' offices or other places that board animals?

They always need people to walk dogs or spend time with the animals.

Jordiwes- my local humane society does havesmall animal cuddling etc, but don't seem to need anymore. good ideaabout raising $$, i'll give it a think. i really want to spend the timewith animals, that's my goal.

Laura-Awesome idea about the Vet's office. i'm gonna call some right now.

Thank you both, you have renewed some hope!

Big Hugs to Ya both

:hug:

Nicole

:bunnydance:I have just found a Vet'sOffice to volunteer, and it happens to be quite close to my house. i'mgoing on Saturday to apply. Oh gosh, i'm sooo happy! :bunnydance:

Awesome Nicky , Its better togo with the Vets, at least yourefforts will be appreciated , and who knows maybe you will beable to get on with a more permenent[position say Vet Tech like youhave always wanted to do !.

Nicky Snow wrote:
:bunnydance:I have just found a Vet's Office tovolunteer, and it happens to be quite close to my house. i'm going onSaturday to apply. Oh gosh, i'm sooo happy! :bunnydance:
That's great, Nicky!

Like Gypsy said, maybe it will work into a paid position there.

Laura

Hi Nicky,

That's great.. You kind of gave me aidea of something to do if I get bored not working.. I am thinking ofafter my break to work for petco or petsmart grroming the animals soworking in a vets office helping out might help me decide if its for me.

Cristy

Christy- worth a try for you too.

Gypsy- I'm gonna be a police officer actually. it's my dreamjob.a vet tech would be cool but who knows? i also aspire tobe like you and help many animals at home.

Laura- you really gave me a good idea and i'm very grateful for it. (jordi too, thanks!)

Nicole

Well done and I really take my hat off to you for offering your time to help out!!

People like yourself are just amazing!!!

Goodluck for saturday!! I am sure you will be fine!!

Ooh cool! That's going to be SO much fun! I'm excited for you.

_________
Nadia

Thanks Nadia, i can't wait. i will learn somuch. maybe one day you can visit. it's the Banks Animal Hospital onCoxwell, N of Dundas. ;)

i have no idea, i'm guessing alot of cagecleaning and front desk duties. i'm willing to do anything really, aslong as i can help. (even if it means cleaning poop all day) :)

Congrats! That is great. I alwaysthought it would be great to volunteer at a vet hospital or be a vetbut I really have this thing about animals being injured and not beinghelpless.

i know what you mean. i hate being helpless,especially when it comes to animals. i'll only be volunteering duringbusiness hours so a vet should be there on site.

did my first day this past Saturday at theanimal hospital. it didn't start out well, cause a dog was euthanizedright when i got there :(.

no rabbits at this place, dogs and cats only, but that was good for me. (no chance of bringing someone home ;))

my afternoon was spent cleaning the kittens cages and playing withthem. it was very fun. i tried to convince my mum and dad they wanted akitty. but they were too strong for me, if only they saw those cutelittle faces....

can't wait for next Saturday.

Latest posts

Back