Vitamin C supplement from Oxbow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mochi_ball

Reaction score
HI everyone -

I've seen the Vitamin C supplements in stores and was wondering if you guys recommend it for rabbits? Mochi's currently on papaya tablet as her only supplement and doing okay (except for recent fur mite episode). I was wondering if the vitamin C tablets would work to boost her immune system?? (As i read somewhere that fur mites sometimes occur due to weakened immune system...) From the oxbow site it says its for cavys but didn't really specify how it helps rabbits.

If any of ur buns are on Vitamin C could u please let me know if it has helped with their health?? Mochi is getting older (almost 6!) and I would love to know what supplements could help with her health. Thanks!

Guinea pigs require vitamin C supplements, but they're not necessary for rabbits - they get what they need from food.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen convincing research that papaya tablets are good for them either. I think they make good treats, but I wouldn't feed it expecting it to do much health-wise.

I agree with Laura, I wouldn't get it. Oxbow makes the Vitamin C supplements for Guinea Pigs, who cannot produce their own Vit C, so you have to supplement it to prevent illness. Rabbits, however, do not have that problem. To keep your older bunnies immune system strong feed a high quality pellet and have timothy hay constantly available.

Make sure she gets proper exercise, which helps keep the GI tract running smoothly and muscles strong. :)

Latest posts

Back