Vineger

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penna

Reaction score
I'mpretty postive that vineger is safe for rabbits but before using it, I just want to ask people's opinions on it. Is it safe for buns?

i too am pretty sure that it is safe to use for cleaning, and it is wonderful in getting out some of those nasty ,nasty stains and urine spots.

i have gotten guinea pig cages (i foster piggies), that were nasty and i would scrub, scrub, then i decided to let it soak for 10 minutes or so and with no effort at all the gross stuff just came off. This is my new found love if you cant tell,lol, it stinks but it works

Ditto...rinse well...it's completely safe.

You can put it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle and it's excellent at cleaning things.

If you find that you have harsh calcium stains in the litterboxes (or elsewhere), just soak in straight white vinegar (which is the type that is meant here) for about ten minutes, and scrub a bit. Should look good as new! :)

pamnock wrote:
Very safe for rabbits.

Pam

maherwoman wrote:
You can put it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle and it's excellent at cleaning things.

I clean the cages daily with the 50/50 spray. And then wipe it down with a damp cloth. But there is still that lingering smell of vinegar.
Is that safe for a bunny?

I honestly have had a couple times that I put it on a paper towel and wiped down certain things in my girls' cages, and have never had a problem.

I've noticed, though, that the vinegar smell dissipates rather quickly. How soon afterward are you noticing the vinegar scent?

Pet_Bunny, I do the same thing with my vinegar. 50/50 mix in a spray bottle and I use it to clean litter boxes and wipe down the cages. The smell does linger a bit, but generally gone completely in a couple hours, once the vinegar is completly dried.

--Dawn

Stan I find if you rinse with cold water it takes away the smell of vinegar.

Susan:runningrabbit::runningrabbit:

I definatly think vinager (50/50 solution) is the safest cleaning solution you can use for your buns. And it's actually pretty good at getting nasty stuff up.

Pet_Bunny wrote:

I clean the cages daily with the 50/50 spray. And then wipe it down with a damp cloth. But there is still that lingering smell of vinegar.
Is that safe for a bunny?

Vinegar odor is not a problem.

Pam

Pet_Bunny wrote:

But there is still that lingering smell of vinegar.

I use vinegar for all my cleaning, cage wise anyway. I love the stuff! And the smell of vinegar I have always found preferable to the smell of pee, anyway. :p

I clean with hydrogen peroxide and vinegar (not mixed together)....if you think that the vinegar works well try it with hydrogen peroxide. Make sure that you wipe it all up and wear gloves when using it.
I have nasty parrot dirt that sticks to the floor so often I put hydrogen peroxide and vinegar on it and let it sit for awhile.. it works the dirt off well.

Latest posts

Back