Video of Rabbit Giving Birth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
Thought this might be good for educational purposes. My Dutch Clementine just gave birth about 10 minutes ago. I filmed the first 2 kits. The second one I noticed was breach, and I was about to reach over and pull it out and then one big push and it was on the ground so, I guess she didn't need me.

Ignore the peeping in the background...my guest room has been converted into a nursery....for rabbits and baby chicks.

I'll say it's graphic because for one it's a rabbit giving birth and any birth can't be pretty , and rabbits do eat placenta which inevitably was caught on film also.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14apJxEMPPg[/ame]

That is so cool be able to tape that and caught it on film.. Congrats on the babies... Mine was born today but they didnt make it.

Yeah!! Our's didnt have that much fur as yours did.
Do you think she's done giving birth?

Right now there's just two and she's in there getting a drink. She could have more later or she could be done. It's unusual for my Dutch to just have 2, usually I get at least 4-5. I guess we'll have to wait until later for that info.

ClemBaby2.jpg

ClemBaby1.jpg

amazing.

it is so life changing to watch, i walked in on one of my does giving birth once when i bred, and was to afraid to move so i got so stand there and watch it all happen.

great video! very informative!

That's a great video, thanks for posting it Jesse!

If it's okay with you, do you think Peg and I could use this in an article in the rabbitry section? I'm sure it would fit in great with what ideas we have for breeding/pregnancy articles. ;)

Emily

Looks like just those 2! We'll see how she does, I may divy up a bigger litter that my other doe had on monday... but she's doing a fantastic job too so I dont see the need just yet. I still have another doe about to pop!

Update: The little opal (kit #1) passed away today. No idea what happened. He was fat and happy last night. It happens I suppose.

Another blue doe of mine had 6 babies 2 days after, and killed 3 of them, so I tookt he remaining 3 from her and gave them to Clementine, who has been a wonderful doting mother to them. They're doing great!

I dont think the other momma was feeding them as much as they could eat...and I kept finding them peed on and cold. I tried nursing them on her and she got pretty upset. I said fudge on this, i'll give them to a momma who appreciates babies. But by this time there were only 3 left, the other 3 I think got cold from being wet.

Latest posts

Back