Vets that will spay/neuter a rabbit in the bay area for $100-200

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres the thing, thats a marketing stragagy. Ive seen many ads on craigslist, facebook, and hoobly use the same formula. It pulls at the heart strings
This is a friend of a relative. They are moving and need to get rid of the buns

Sadness. I am swamped with calls to take in rabbits that people no longer want to care for. By time we finish wellness exam, treatment for parasites of the captured stray, and spay surgery - we'll be spending $650 or more.

It is horrible how humans consider sentient beings disposable commodity and objects.

IMO I reccomend getting a baby bunny from a rescue, one that is born into the rescue. The baby bunny will be handled a ton, and by a ton of different people. This will make a cuddly bunny. The first 3 weeks of a bunnies life is super important for temperment.
Yes, IMO but those rabbits will most likely never become cuddly, or even want human compainon ship.

I'm sorry,, but these statements are completely inaccurate. Just because a rabbit is handled when young, or even from birth, has little effect on whether or not it grows up to be cuddly or not. That is genetics and the individual personality of the rabbit. I had a baby rabbit that was handled and cuddled all the time as a baby, and liked it as a baby. But when she became an adult, she was the least cuddly rabbit I've ever had and detested being held. From a breeder or from a rescue, baby rabbits personalities are not always going to continue to be the same into adulthood, no matter how much they were handled as babies.

Though I do agree with going with an adult rescue. Benefits being they are already fixed, usually litter trained, and you can see what their adult personality is. Baby rabbits are cute and cuddly... as babies. But they can completely change once they fully mature into adulthood.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/choosing-your-first-bunny.html

Latest posts

Back