Vet-made pet essential oils

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyBunny ph

Reaction score
I found out from one of the facebook rabbit groups about an essential oil created by a vet for pets called Animaleo.

I still do believe that any form of strong fragrance that may seem pleasant to us can be harmful to our buns, but whats your take on this?

Here's their take on their essential oils for bunnies:
A lighter touch is often used with these species of animals. With hind-gut fermenters especially, the use of antibacterial essential oils must be used with caution to avoid killing their natural gut flora. When needed, we can often use more aggressive essential oils with these critters, but in general we try mild methods and oils first.

Water-based diffusion or Water Misting into the air is a wonderful recommendation for all exotic homes. All of the animalEO products indicated for diffusion, are appropriate for use. See the page on Diffusion for more instructions. Away, Open-Air, and Sunshine in a Bottle are particular favorites with these animals.

CritterBoost can be used for most conditions, immune support, health maintenance, prevention of contagious disease (for example rabbit shows). Please see that product for more instructions.

For mites, lice, and other parasitic conditions Away can be used as directed.

src: https://animaleo.info/exotics/

It’s a way to earn more money. I know essential oil can have calming effect depending on which oil and more. There is science behind it but it’s not a lot research about it still. Essential oil is still quite new and a market many can earn money from now compared with a few years ago. I’ve even heard the statement that essential oil can cure cancer and a person trying to argument for essential being this wonder cure.

If they had done research and can show what they states is true I will accept it. But I’m quite sure they don’t have it for bunnies. Have they done test and seen the benefit it brings.

For example of a study that show a result of lavender oil exposer among rats and what effects it give:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22402245/
This will show that essential oils have an effect and not a placebo effect. So myself would be careful but it’s true a few essential oil truly have a lovely scent ☺️

I would not use anything with a strong smell near bunnies. They have very delicate respiratory systems. The only exception I would make is Pet Remedy as we know that is safe.

Latest posts

Back