Vet costs, WTH?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Reaction score
Well. I have relatives in the US and I know how difficult it can be to get (even with a top notch) insurance to cover costs for an absolutly necessary surgery on a 13 yo, they dragged it out for more than a year.

That's so, wierd. I can't quite grasp it, here, when I have a problem, I get what I need, when I need it, and little cost for me.

Same things seems to be with vets. Gosh, having a eye removed 3200$, wth, does this include a trip to the moon?

I paid 120€ for spaying a girl, and never more than 60€ for whatever emergency cropped up with my flock, when I took in a dog from a friend who was in hospital I found a tumor and had it removed, 250€ (old dog, extra care). And that vet, of course, is a private enterprise, not someone sponsered by a shelter or so. And they live well. Despite our taxes etc. being much higher.

I can't quite understand why it's that expensive over there. Can someone please explain?

Vet bills are dependent on so many factors; most of what you pay goes into the actual running of the practice. So, depending on the facilities, vet bills will include upkeep and maintenance of equipment, cost of drugs, electricity bills, ground rent, paying for cleaners, receptionists, VCAs, vet nurses, and then the wage of the vet, which should reasonably reflect the years of training and dedication. Depending on country and even area within that country, plus the different equipment and procedures available at different practices, the bills will vary drastically. You can say the same for house prices, food costs, public transport...

Latest posts

Back