Very worried about the complications of spaying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i was talking to another girl who got her bunny spayed from the vet and she says they gave gas anaesthesia and do pre-op blood tests and others examinations, so I think I will take her there only...

Thank you guys for all your replies!💞

I will be providing more updates as they come.

Here's a picture of the little fluffer with her friends (the black one)

Attachments

• IMG_20221006_001608_1.jpg
    IMG_20221006_001608_1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello again

My bun has started having small, and completely black poos. I have not changed her diet in any way, and she is eating hay as usual. I tried putting her on a hay+water only diet, but it didnt do much. The other two buns are also on the same diet, but they are having normal poos.

Also, i noticed blood again, and quite a significant amount too.

There's no change in her behaviour, she's acting just as sweet and playful as always, so I know she's not in any kind of pain or stress.

Ive added pictures too, they might seem like the normal size in the picture, but its quite smaller than normal.

I'va also added a picture of the blood spots i found.

There were a few more spots like this in her pen. I checked for injuries, but they have none.

Her vet visit is scheduled next week, and only then I can definite answers.

What could be the reason for her small poos? Parasites or worms?

Also, if there are worms or parasites, could they cause complications in her spay?

Plz help out guys, Im so lost...😥

Attachments

• IMG-20221124-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20221124-WA0004.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20221121-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20221121-WA0009.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Update

Its been a while, but i thought Id post an update. She was spayed without any problems in December.

All was well until January; she has started straining while peeling occasionally. Urinalysis confirmed a UTI, shes on meds for that.

But she might also have developed post spay adhesions on her bladder which could be causing the issue.

Latest posts

Back