very OT, just curious

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
Ya know how on the openings of all the movies, italways says 'this movie has been formatted from its original version.it has been reformated to fit your screen'. i know its prolly one ofthose "you have to do that" things, but why? it doesnt make sense tome. I kinda figured that my screen is smaller than the screen in themovie theater.

When the movie is formatted for your screen itmeans that it is made to fill up the TV screen like a television show.When it is not formatted it has what appears to be black bars along thetop and bottom of the screen so that it creates the same wide screenimage area.The sides of the picture are cut off on formattedmovies, because a movie screen is so much wider. In a non-formattedmovie the black blocks allow the whole shot to be shown without cuttinganything off.

Just as Sarah explained, the notice tells youthat you are only viewing a portion of the picture, not the originalfilm in it's entirety. The "wide view" on your tv with theblack bars is annoying to some because it's too small. Tooget the full view on your tv, part of the frames have to be cut off, soyou are not getting the entire picture.

Pam

Latest posts

Back