VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score

Dear Forum,

Hankhanky has been banned. And I am sure this is why:

As you know he was very quick to temper and started many fights. Thisforum used to be a peaceful one. And now its peace shall finally berestored.

He has been banned from many other rabbit forums. And this one is special and does not be deserved to be ruined.

ALSO this is a forum where we love our rabbits but whatever message he gave across he did not.

Wanna know what he really thought about his rabbits?

On a post a while back he said "cut off its tail behind its ear and that shall stop it"
I got veeeeery angry at him. Because he waas saying it like it was a joke. But that's what he really does.

Want proof?

this was what he what he wrote on another board.:

What do I do with my culls. Hmm, what are culls?
I keep ALL of my rabbits! I just keep building more and more cages,nobody's going to eat my rabbits or feed them to a snake or Dog orRaptor. How could anyone think of doing such a thing?!
JUST KIDDING!
Most of my culls go as a food source for Human,Snake or other. I dosell a Pet on ocassion but there are far too few pet homes to make thata viable option. There are always plenty of folks hungry for a wellgrown and cared for tasty RABBIT! Though I have far less rabbits than Ihad in the past so not as many culls to move. Infact I have folksbanging on my door and ringing the phone off the hook looking for thenext batch of culls. I am thankful that they are willing to wait till Ican assess them to find my keepers. I don't have anymore to say, acceptI've been keeping up with the demand and improving my stock at the sametime. Smaller IS BETTER! IMPO.
icon_lol.gif

Dennis,C.V.R.

So there you are. And I have known this for sometime and thats why igot so annoyed whenever he told someone else how to look after thererabbits when he couldn't even look after his own.

Thank you for your time.
My apologies if you were friends with him.

Loz

xXx
PS: culls are the rabbits that aren't going to win a prize for show or that he feels aren't of good quality

Actually I do remember that in the topic about snakes, he said he sells some of his rabbits to the snake owners.
Its mean.

I'm new to rabbits so what does he meen when he says "cut off its tail behind its ear and that shall stop it"???

Loz, I've knownabout that for awhile too.Boy do I feel like I'm tip toeingon eggshells here. Thatbeing said, I'd like to add that people must be very careful in whatand how they say things on the topic of raisingbunnies. I hope I'm not out of line when I say thatmost of the more educated people on this forum will tell you that a lotof the information they have gained about rabbits has come frombreeders that are not like those of us that keep them as pets. While Ipersonally have one bunny and he is a pet whom I have no plans to feedto a snake or eat....I respect others rights to do so. BUT I feel atrue sportsman, breeder, etc.should bea humane one.Animals have been food sources for many thousands of years and it isunrealistic to think that because we have chosen to make this speciesour pet of choice the rest of humanity will stop eating it.

I would prefer however to keep this forumslanted more in the direction of the pet bunny and bunnypleasantries! :)Iam glad to see that a person who brought so much disruption to theoverall feeling of well-being of this forum is no longer allowed to doso.

RaspberrySwirl

Fair enough. Just telling people who didn't know.I don't doubt his knowledge, but the fact that he managed to turn manytopics into arguments was what annoyed me.

The forum remains to be open to All rabbitfanciers: breeders and pet owners. The reason why this forumworks so well is that we value, respect, and are opento eachother's viewpoints and experiences. I feel it'sbestnot to sway one way or theother. It's all about learning as much aswe can about rabbits.

HankHanky/Dennis was banned because of his lack of respect and his verypoor behavior towards myself and many others on this forum.Hewas warned more times than I can count andrefusedto listen.

True that rabbits have been a food source for many years and thatthey're the bottom of the food chain. Sure wish Icould save them all, but unfortunately, I can't.

-Carolyn

Bunny_Mad wrote:
I'm new to rabbits so what does he meen when he says "cutoff its tail behind its ear and that shall stop it"???

It was his way of saying behead the rabbit. He thought it was funny, but many members were not amused.

-Carolyn

Loz n Ebony wrote:
Fair enough. Just telling people who didnt know. I dontdoubt his knowledge, but the fact that he managed to turn many topicsinto arguments was what annoyed me.
I'm glad you stepped forward and said something. A lot ofpeople had no idea what was going on. And it REALLY irked methat no matter what was being discussed and how many people tried tore-route the discussion, he always poured more fuel on thefire. He just couldn't let anything go. Hell, he was ALWAYS theinstigator! It got where I just avoided most of thoseconversations because I'm not very good at holding my tongue whenpeople don't play nice! And he didn't play nice with my friend Carolyn!:X

I think the biggest thing is if you didn't agreewith him then you were "a stupid idiot killing you rabbitwith love" and while in some cases that may be true, I don't thinkthere is ONE proper way to raise a rabbit. I think manydifferent ways work for many different people. rather you have a freeroaming house rabbit, a half confined half roaming rabbit, a caged inhouse, barn or hutch rabbit, as long as they are loved cared for,medical tended to,given good food to survive whatelse matters? Be they breeders or pets we all love our rabbits in somefashion or another, and we can all learn from each other.

In some countries, dogs are a food source, but I am pretty sure that dog owners would not be too amused to talk about it.
Also some time ago in some tribes, people were food source, but now I don't think anybody would consider this as normal.

Gabby wrote:
Ithink the biggest thing is if you didn't agree with him then you were"a stupid idiot killing you rabbit with love" and while insome cases that may be true, I don't think there is ONEproper way to raise a rabbit. I think many different ways work for manydifferent people. rather you have a free roaming house rabbit, a halfconfined half roaming rabbit, a caged in house, barn or hutch rabbit,as long as they are loved cared for, medical tended to,givengood food to survive what else matters? Be they breeders orpets we all love our rabbits in some fashion or another, and we can alllearn from each other.

Gabby thats so true! I agree with you !:)

True. I knew someone who had a pet cow, and thereare in fact many people that keep livestock simply as pets. Sheunderstood and accepted that many people eat cows, but she chose notto, and it simply would have been rude to bring up the subject knowingwhat her preference was. It's like talking meat to a vegetarian, youdon't talk about killing rabbits to a group of rabbit owners. Not thatit is wrong, so much as insensitive.

Well, I'm not going to be crying over him beinggone. I didn't say anything before, but he really annoyed theheck out of me! Way too condensending for my tastes.

That said, on the other note in this thread, as I don't eat rabbits anddon't plan on it, I do stick by my motto: to each their own. Life wouldbe way too boring if we were all the same, right?

Loz n Ebony wrote:
Dear Forum,

Hankhanky has been banned. And I am this is why:

As you know he was very quick to temper and started many fights. Thisforum used to be a peaceful one. And now its peace shall finally berestored.

He has been banned from many other rabbit forums. And this one is special and does not be deserved to be ruined.

ALSO this is a forum where we love our rabbits but whatever message he gave across he did not.

Wanna know what he really thought about his rabbits?

On a post a while back he said "cut off its tail behind its ear and that shall stop it"
I got veeeeery angry at him. Because he waas saying it like it was a joke. But that's what he really does.

Want proof?

this was what he what he wrote on another board.:

What do I do with my culls. Hmm, what are culls?
I keep ALL of my rabbits! I just keep building more and more cages,nobody's going to eat my rabbits or feed them to a snake or Dog orRaptor. How could anyone think of doing such a thing?!
JUST KIDDING!
Most of my culls go as a food source for Human,Snake or other. I dosell a Pet on ocassion but there are far too few pet homes to make thata viable option. There are always plenty of folks hungry for a wellgrown and cared for tasty RABBIT! Though I have far less rabbits than Ihad in the past so not as many culls to move. Infact I have folksbanging on my door and ringing the phone off the hook looking for thenext batch of culls. I am thankful that they are willing to wait till Ican assess them to find my keepers. I don't have anymore to say, acceptI've been keeping up with the demand and improving my stock at the sametime. Smaller IS BETTER! IMPO.
icon_lol.gif

Dennis,C.V.R.

So there you are. And I have known this for sometime and thats why igot so annoyed whenever he told someone else how to look after thererabbits when he couldn't even look after his own.

Thank you for your time.
My apologies if you were friends with him.

Loz

xXx
PS culls arethe rabbits that aren't going to win a prize for show or that he feels aren't of good quality:

Oh, mercy! :shock:

Thank you, Loz, for bringing this to our attention.

I, for one, really didn't like the way that he continued to attackCarolyn. Carolyn has done NOTHING to deserve the disrespectthat was directed her way.

Well, that's one problem solved. Back to fun on the forum!!! :)

I am very pleased to see that he has been banned.Numerous times I have had to 'bite my tongue' so to speak when heattacked Carolyn or other members in his posts. The attacks on themembers, namely Carolyn, were highly uncalled for but I must applaudher for keeping her cool all the time.

Thanks for keeping this board great!

Yup, when he started telling me to stop feeding'that rubbish' to Max when she had cecotropes when we first got her, Ifelt like crying. He really upset me in what he said, but Ididn't say anything because I thought other members liked himalot. I was extremely worried about Max and his criticismwasn't helping the situation. He even contradicted Buck'sadvice about gradually weaning Max onto pellet food rather than forcingpellets down her throat, which I thought was rude, especially the wayhe worded it. I would always listen to Buck over him anyway,and just agreed with him to stop his ranting at me.

It then shocked me to see him doing it to Carolyn, especially as she issuch a central member of the group. I just stopped replyingto anything he posted after that!

Good riddance to bad rubbish I say! And I'm glad alot of people are with me about his attitude!

Perhaps we should set a good example, and if wedon't have anything nice to say about Dennis, then nothing should besaid at all. It doesn't seem fair to talk about him behindhis back. I thinkthe entire thread should be erased.

Todays lessonfor 10th grade speech classwas aboutrefraining from gossip andhow to diverttheconversationinto amore productivedirection ;)

For kindergarten, we made the letter "I" out of pretzel sticks -- that was fun LOL :D

Pam

Latest posts

Back