Venting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahlin

Reaction score
So it was my birthday yesterday. I hate birthdays. They are always a let down.

I knew we weren't going to celebrate yesterdaybecause my husband worked during the day, and I was on evenings last night. It's kind of hard to celebrate when we don't even see each other!

The plan was to do something today. We didn't really hang out thismorning, and this afternoon I was headed to work. I came home to my husband making supper and to a clean house (yay). He made me a cake and everything, which was sweet.

The bad part is that he's been so grumpy and unpleasant to be around. I guess I just hoped we'd have fun tonight, joke around, be silly, or whatever....but I keep getting grumpy comments, remarks, and attitude.

It's not like I wanted a big party. I just wanted to be treated nice. :(

Sorry to vent here, but the friend I'd usually send this to forgot my birthday. And that I'm ok with because if she remembered she'd buy me a gift and I know she can't afford it.

That is all.

I know the feeling hubby is like that he tries but then becomes a butt. Cause he did so much more then he is used to.

Happy birthday
Kat

Year after year, I keep hoping that hubby will do something special for my birthday. Last August, for hubby's B-day, I took him for a 3 day trip to St. Augustine. Booked a really nice B&B, planned activities (ghost walk, harbor tour, fort tour, massage, special dinner, horse-drawn carriage ride, etc.) Well, my B-day was in November. He said it would be fun to have a get-away like we did for his B-day and "go ahead and plan something." I may have been a little abrupt, but I told him that if he wanted to do something "special" for my B-day to plan it himself. I wasn't going to do it! Needless to say, I wasn't even taken out for dinner. He even said that since I am working from home now, that I didn't need flowers to impress the rest of the office (yes, he actually said that).....men you can't live with them and you can't shoot them!!!!!

thanks for the birthday wishes. we've talked about it...and i hoped for an apology but that didn't happen. i decided to let it go. i'm not going to waste my energy on it.

he tends to be better for anniversary type stuff, so it's not all bad. :)

Sorry Kahlin I don't agree with you,I consider my DWs 77th birthday just as important as our 53rd anniversary. Remember there's always tit for tat.
Bill

Thats sweet. :) I never liked birthdays (even as a kid)...so I find even I put more effort into anniversaries than birthdays, Valentine's day, etc.

Latest posts

Back