Velveteens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moochyesh

Reaction score
Breeder gave me a updated photo of my new velveteen!
Anybody have advice on the breed, or any special quirks a velveteen might have?
We are so excited for Mushoo to come home
6310_168394253317154_2055122770_n.jpg

Sorry dont have any advice as i dont think we have those in the UK...
But they look stunning, do they have fur like rex rabbits??

Yes, I hear they are a mix between english lop and rex, Rex hair, Lop personality and 5 pounds.

I'm not too sure but judging on the mix, you'll probably get the best of both worlds, great looks and great personality!!

Way to go she is gorgeous :)

were very excited to see how she turns out, So far my lion head and Holland have my favorite personality.
She will be home in 2 weeks =]

lol I showed my husband this picture and he's ready to go out and buy one. I guess he's over dutch and baby tans now.

What a shmuck

HA i love my dutch boy but i seam to get along with my girls alot better than my boys... My girlys have my heart. One is bonded to another rabbit and one is on medicine and is bonded to me.

Cant wait for another girl, And velveteen's have such a cute body shape and the fur, I just love everything about them already ;]

Reactions: BEW
E-lops tend to have "doggy bun" personalities...very mellow. I have rexes and they are very active and inquisitive. I would guess this rabbit to be somewhere in between. I have always wanted a velveteen lop!

I read somewhere on RO, that someone else who had a velveteen, that it was more standoff ish and not as friendly as lops tend to be. I think sometimes, like with designer dogs, it takes a while to work out the "kinks" my guess is, designer bunnies are probably the same way...I wish you the best! I hope and pray your new bunny has the best of both breeds!

Yes mocha i heard they are a new breed started in the 90's i believe
I hope she will be the best too! We got a note from the breeder her ears are already 12 inches long, wow... I think that means tip to tip both ears.

Velveteen Lops are outstanding rabbits. Looks like you found Miss Ann, Moochyesh lol... She has very nice stock! :carrot

Wow! Soooooo adorable! I better not show the husband or he will want one too!

I have 3 rabbits from ann and they have the best personality's !

Mooshoo The velveteen is crazy! She does nothing but binky and is so happy. She's still getting used to everything but is fitting in well. The thing that surprised me most is that she can climb! ? !
She braces herself against the chicken hutch and the brick and Spiderman climbs up the wall to get on top of the hutch!

Latest posts

Back