Veggies for rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YashiJ

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the recommended amount of veggies it is per pound of rabbit. Also do you guys find a premade mix of veggies or do you assemble a plate every day?

An average size rabbit (5-7 lbs) can have 2-4 cups daily greens. I vary what those greens are. In winter, when I can't gather from my herb garden, I'll buy one kind of green (say cilantro) and feed that for awhile (till it's gone), then I'll switch to another. That way I don't waste it as I would if I bought a wide variety at one time.

I do use spring mix lettuces occasionally. Mostly I pluck from my garden - basil, mint, parsley, dill.

You can see a list of greens on my site. It shows which ones are safe for daily feeding and which should not be fed every day but are ok for a couple time per week.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/greens--veggies.html

Wow thanks for sharing your website! For a 10 lb Flemish giant and a Rex I should put about they would need about 5-6cups? Is that correct?

Ha, welcome to the organic gardeners for their bunnies. There is nothing more exquisite than garden greens. Mine loves parsley, kale, basil, rosemary. He also loves berries, especially raspberries but is allowed 3. This is odd but he loves those little yellow and orange sweet peppers. I went into the kitchen and came back and he was in stealth mode eating the yellow ones. If you love avocados, hide your meal from bunny. The soft buttery texture makes that irresistible to bunny. My senior was shameless, he picked my avocado slice out of sandwich and ate it in front of me. He does that real fast lip smacking chewing because they are soft. Nor did he share! Confirmed pirate.

would this be ok?

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/organic-spring-mix,-1-lb.product.11780554.html
  • Organic Spring Salad Mix
  • Does not include spinach
  • 1 lb container
Salad Mix:
  • Organic Arugula
  • Organic Baby Lettuces
Includes: Red and Green Romaine, Red and Green Oak Leaf, Lollo Rosa and Tango
  • Organic Frisee
  • Organic Mizuna
  • Organic Radicchio
  • Organic Red and Green Chard
I use this exact brand too. I'll also add in some cilantro and mint. I will throw in arugula, fennel and dandelion greens from time to time.

this item isn’t available anywhere near me..:(
https://www.taylorfarms.com/products/organic-salads-vegetables/organic-baby-spring-mix/This one is but it has spinach, arugula And chard. Should I still feed it on a regular basis?

INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC SPRING MIX (MAY CONTAIN SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BABY WHOLE LEAF VARIETIES: GREEN LEAF, MIZUNA, GREEN ROMAINE, TANGO, GREEN OAK, GREEN CHARD, BABY SPINACH, ARUGULA, FRISEE, TATSOI, MACHE, RED CHARD, RED LEAF, LOLLA ROSSA, RED ROMAINE, RED MUSTARD, RADICCHIO, RED OAK, BEET TOPS).

If I buy that I pick out the spinach and chard and beet tops for myself and give the rest to the buns. Those three are too high in oxylates and could eventually lead to stones.

I told my mom to give the rabbitS a few cabbage leaves and she gave them 4 leaves. Is that too much?

I told my mom to give the rabbitS a few cabbage leaves and she gave them 4 leaves. Is that too much?
It is too much if it is the first time they have had it. Any new green should be given in very small portions and gradually increased.

Check for any changes in poos in the meantime to see how they tolerate it. I wouldn't give any more until you see them having consistent normal poos.

Latest posts

Back