Vanilla in water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap: Someone did say Woody Pet!

Did you have trouble finding it? I keeptwo litter boxes on hand, so I can switch them during theday, and only have to cleanthemonce at night.

Rainbows! :angel:

Yes I did have trouble finding the woody pethere in Tucson. A feed store told me that I could buy it inMaranan which is about 45 min from where I live but they werewrong. So I went to the website to see where the closestdealer was and it gave me the address for the Sonoita Feed Store whichis located in Sonoita which is about 45 min the other direction from myhouse. Actually the drive to Sonoita was much more pleasantand relaxing than the drive to Marana. Anyways, I got 3 bagsso it should last me a while.

Charlie

Yeppers!!

I drive about 30 minutes away to get my Woody Pet. I buy 6 bags @ $4.79 ea and it lasts me about 2 months.

I've got 7 bunnies that are all litter trained and I use Woody Pet inall of their litter pans. I use newspaper and some aspen shavings intheir drop pans under their cages.

I only use about a 1/2 inch of Woody Pet in the litter pans. If Ichange the pans every day, I simply dump them and wipe them out withpaper towels. In most cases the pans don't even get wet from the pee. Iwash the litter pans every other day. No odor problems at all. Thehamsters smell way more than the bunnies.

Yes everybody, MooShu is now litter trained. She took right to it assoon as I put the pan in her cage. We then moved her into her newlarger cage and she has fairly good litter habits. Pees in the pan allthe time...poops most of the time. I'm happy!

~Jim

Jim,

where do you drive to, to get your Woody Pet? I went to thesite and the store locator said the only place was in Newton...so ifyou are getting it for somewhere pls let me know :)

FreddysMom wrote:
Jim,

where do you drive to, to get your Woody Pet? I went to thesite and the store locator said the only place was in Newton...so ifyou are getting it for somewhere pls let me know :)
I drive to Morristown, NJand get it at the Agway. I don'tthink they come up on the locator on the Woody Pet site. I'm not sureif that would be any closer for you or not.

They're open on Sunday. There's not much traffic so I can be there andback in an hour or less. Bergen County has that stupid Blue Law, so allthe stores are closed by us on Sunday. It gives us something to do andI only do it every 6-8 weeks.

I'll get you the address and directions if you want.

awesome...morristown is 20 mins away fromme:)....if you could PM me the address that wouldbe great...thank you so much.....blue laws still apply in passaiccounty too..but not all the towns...in prospect park, they will stillticket you on sunday if you are caught washing your car, mowing yourlawn, etc..isnt that crazy?

** " I was under the impression it was the odorof the vanilla in the urine that repelled the flies. If itwere simply the alcohol, one could just treat the water with thealcohol to affect the same results. " **

I just had this wild visual ofa bunch of drunken ,vanillaswilling bad tude Bunnies LOLIm sorry Im ok now . :laugh:

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Fluffy wrote:
does anyoneknow were to get the vanilla spray from!! do you think pet shops wouldhave it or normal shops coz ive tried looking for it in my pet shop andthey havent heard of it before! lol!!:)
I use vanilla from thegrocery store...same stuff that I use when making cookies...you couldput that in some water in a spray bottle and spray it....I just put afew drops in the water bottles.
Oh right thanks forthe help lol!! so i go into a supermarket and get a little bottle andout some drops in a spary when flies are about! wow sounds easy! thanksfor the help!! your gr8!!:D:D

I bought a vanilla perfume stick and i coloureda giant outline all around the window frames and balcony railings. Ialso put it all over my patio furniture. I spray the inside of thierlitterboxs with pure baking vanilla and water mixed together, andthenI spray it aimlessly around my house, including thiercondo and thier blanket. It smells great and It works really well. Itried a bit in the water as well, but I dont feel right giving themalcohol lol they are silly enough already hehe:groupparty:

Not sure if its good for them, but we use it tocut down on the urine smell and reduce fly strike. One of myfemales doesn't drink her water very well at all unless its in there!

Dear Jim d,

Hello there! I have four rabbits, that was a very helpfulhint about the vanilla in the water for the bunnies to keepthe flies away! Does that pertain tot indoor bunnies too?Just wanted to know> SOemtimes in summer, platesummer, we do get soem flies, so that willget helpfiul , wedo have some fams going on, so the flies will come in formthere! I have a question also, if anyone knows thisone? My doe is due on June 25th!

DO i have tonow keep the kits cold in the summer or stillkeep them modertly warm?im confused! IM new at all this! Ive read up, but the booksnever seem to hit ont he strong subjsects the way ineed them to!

In the winter i lost awhole litter caue the mommy rabbit wasnt doing anything to keep thekits warm! SO i had to incubate them an iput the incubater on too warm and lkilled themaccidentlymyself and i felt aweful!

so now, iwantabsolute advice, word for word whatto do! u know aphone number of soemone i could call in an emergency deliverysituation?

my emailaddress is luvpenpal 1 @aol.com

this is a pic of some of my rabbits

chipperluv wrote:
Dear Jim d,

Hello there! I have four rabbits, that was a very helpfulhint about the vanilla in the water for the bunnies to keepthe flies away! Does that pertain tot indoor bunnies too?Just wanted to know
The advice actually originated from Buck Jones, but yes the vannila canbe used for inside bunnies, too. I have 7 bunnies inside. Last winterwe had an unusual outbreak of flies in our house that we had to dealwith.

That was the weekend that I started using WoodyPet. I had always hadproblems with keeping the urine odor down until I started using WoodyPet. No more odor problems=a lotless flies.

chipperluv wrote:
i HAVE A QUESTION! HOWmuch vanilla do u use in a 16 ounce bottle? and is it safe for little kits too when they are weaned already?just asking? also!

[email protected]
Literally, a drop or two...just enough to change the "shade" of the water ever so slightly.It is not rocket science, nor a scientific measurement, so don't get nervous over it.

I don't breed, so I don't know what affect, if any, may occur with kits. I do know this technique has been used by breeders for a long time and would surmise, therefore, it is even used by lactating does, so weaned kits should not problematical.

Buck

I have a field of cows a half a miledown the road and the flies are awful. I put vanilla in everybunny'swater and have noticed we don't have that many flies. I also use thosenasty fly strips.

I can't thank you enough Buck and the kids thank you too. Whilewe can't sit outside without a flyswatter, the house is fly free andsmells so good. Even the bunns smell like the vanilla.

Awesome stuff and made all the better because it's cheap lol.

Tina

Latest posts

Back