Vaginal Bleeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be good to start a new topic since it sounds more like your bun has a fight wound than a vaginal prolapse. If it is actively bleeding and cleaning the area with diluted betadine or chlorhexidine solution doesn't help, she should see a vet. It needs to be seen by a vet soon--there is a high chance of infection due to the location and the type of wound (bite). If it will not stop bleeding, it will need immediate vet attention. So first, try to clean up a little and get the bleeding stopped. If that is successful, get a vet appointment soon. If it is not successful, you may have to find an emergency vet to stop the bleeding.

Thanks. Yeah, it looks like the bleeding's stopped, but I still check on it regularly. I'm trying to help her keep it clean until I can make it to the vet. Thank you for your help.

My bunny is bleeding,
One week ago my bunny had a ball of poop on him
So I cleaned him and acted ok and then today he had blood on
His back two paws, and his bottom.
I don't know what to do help me:sickbunny:
Happybun01:bambiandthumper

You need to get your rabbit to a rabbit savvy vet immediately! Your rabbit could have a potentially fatal illness called coccidiosis, or it may be something else equally dangerous. Any rectal bleeding is an emergency situation.

I just came from the vet, and somehow my little bun got a worm, but the doc said we came just in time,
Thank you
Happybun01

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back