Vacuums?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely agree on the dyson and clogs. Ours gets clogged with hay if I'm really sucking up a lot of hay, but I just pull out the right part and I'm good to go!

MikeScone wrote:
I've got a Dyson also - the plain vanilla model, as I'm not domestic enough to figure out or use attachments. I just ask that a vacuum suck, so to speak, and boy does the Dyson ever suck... ... up dust, I mean.

The only thing I would say is to ignore the ads that say they can't clog. They can, and do, especially when they're picking up the hay that a bunny has tracked all around the house over the course of a few weeks (I said I wasn't very domestic). However, the Dyson is designed to come apart at every place that it can clog, so it's just a matter of pulling off all the different connections until you find the clogged one.
:shock::D;)

if the dyson is too pricey at this time then go with the shop vac...its hard to clog up and if there is a spill or pee u can suck up liquid too...and its gotta looong hose to get in the very back corner of the cage..but be careful the hose is so big u might suck a bunny up in it...or ive actually caught the poop box a couple of times...and the grass matt that was attached with 4 zipties ..

So I guess the verdict is Dyson? Lol. I'll definitely look around and do some price comparisons, but I think I know what I'm asking Santa for Christmas! :biggrin2:

Thanks for all the replies!! Wicked helpful. :)

hln917 wrote:
Does anyone know if Dyson is good on hardwood floors? Iwould be using it everyday.
I use my Dyson on my hardwood floors, no problems. I don't know if this is standard on all models, but mine has a rotating brush bar that can be turned on/off with a button. The manual states that the brush bar should be set to off for wood floors (though I sometimes leave it on).

I think it works really well on the wood, sucks up all the dust/hay/fur that can settle.

hln917 wrote:
Does anyone know if Dyson is good on hardwood floors?  I would be using it everyday.
Yep I use it on wood and it works great! It does drag hay bits around a little bit sometimes on hard surfaces but nothing a little attachment can't handle. Sometimes I'm too lazy and I just turn on the rotating brush to lure it into the cyclone. :)

The Dyson "ball" makes rolling around on the wood pretty darn harmless too. It's rubber and very "soft" so it doesn't streak or mark on the wood, at least for me it doesn't! I always used to have trouble with the non-standing vacuums where you drag around the body, it'd scuff the wood if I didn't move it in the straight-forward direction that the wheels want to move. :X

We have the Dyson animal...the more compact one...<two thumbs up>

and to make things even better they brought out a dog slicker attachment for their vacuums! OK...granted it costs def moola...but considering our Zoe likes having her butt vacuumed...it may just be worth it! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back