Vacuum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brie Prsnk

Reaction score
Every time I have to vacuum I have to take biscuit outside and he is not a big fan of the outside enclosure.

What vacuum do you guys use? Our vacuum is super loud but can handle hay alright. I'm looking for a quieter one.

Many rabbits can get used to the sound of the vacuum IF it is started somewhere further away and brought gradually closer. My Mocha still doesn't like it and will hide in the upper corner of his cage. My Sapphire used to attack the vacuum. :eek:

For in the cage, I just use a small dustpan. Occasionally I use a mini shop-vacuum. That's pretty noisy but he just tucks into a corner when it's in use.

I use the Shark Navigator Lift Away. You can train a rabbit to get used to the vacuum. Just watch their body language. In the beginning, I would put Trixie in her crate and carry her into the other room. But after weeks of doing that, I thought I'd try out the vacuum with her there. I have a corner in my room where her tunnel is and I would put her in the corner - furthest away from the vacuum. I would turn it on and sure enough, she would scurry into the tunnel (which is her safe zone). After I'm done, I give her a treat. She's now gotten used to our routine. Of course the initial sound of the vacuum still scares her, but after she realizes that sound, she isn't bothered by it. In fact, she's now gotten confident enough to where she's actually gotten close up to check out the "oddly shaped rabbit".

Latest posts

Back