Vacuum Poll! Which vacuum(s) do you use with house rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samoth

Reaction score
My ten-year-old Bissell vacuum is almost dead, so I picked up a new one from the store last week. (It was even advertised as a "pet vacuum," but that's obviously a gimmick and it's just a regular vacuum cleaner.)

I was sad to find that the thing completely clogged up with hair and normal vacuum debris after two uses -- and I wasn't even sucking up hay! It appears the motor is about 2/3rds the strength of my old Bissell, and I'm thinking the inner "line" leading to the vacuum bag is a smaller diameter. I spent 15 minutes digging out hair from the thing, and it's still clogged!

So I'd like to hear from all of you house rabbit experts here: What vacuum(s) do you use with house rabbits?

I use a Henry vacuum and it’s brilliant but not the cheapest. The only cons are it is quite bulky to move around and not very quiet when I use it I make sure my bunnies are downstairs so they don’t get startled. It is so good at dealing with hay though and other bunny mess I’m more than happy to compromise.

Latest posts

Back