Vaccines

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sibelabmom

@lokibragiandtyr_buns
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a vet tech student, I just finished the lab animal portion of my studies, and I just realized that at no point were vaccines for rabbits mentioned, nor did we do anything in class with the rabbits other than learn to sex them, restrain them, and draw a tiny bit of blood from them. Are there no vaccines available for rabbits? Is that why nothing was said about them?

Are you sure there's none? Because when I took Benny to the vet, the doctor asked if I'd gotten him vaccinated? I didn't know, he was adopted from a shelter, but why would a vet ask that if they don't exist???

It's very common for receptionists to ask about vaccinations especially if they also treat dogs and cats. Just because a vet is rabbit savvy doesn't mean everyone working for or with them is.

There are no vaccines that are considered as core for rabbits in the US. Like mentioned the bunny vac is available for those who are worried about pasturella but I believe they still have not published their papers or research

Last edited:
It's very common for receptionists to ask about vaccinations especially if they also treat dogs and cats. Just because a vet is rabbit savvy doesn't mean everyone working for or with them is.

There are no vaccines that are considered as core for rabbits in the US. Like mentioned the bunny vac is available for those who are worried about pasturella but I believe they still have not published their papers or research

But it wasn't the receptionist? It was the vet himself. Should I not go to that vet anymore if he doesn't know that? Or does he know of some vac that does exist that a lot of people don't know about?

Latest posts

Back