Vaccine and antibiotics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmibunny

Reaction score
My senior bunny had her Nobivac Myxo RHD Plus "triple" vaccine yearly booster about a week ago, and I'm just wondering when would it be OK for her to have antibiotics if she needed them? Oral, something like Baytril/Exoflox. Would it ruin the effect of the vaccine?

She had a thorough check up, but makes occasional subtle whistling noises from her nose if you listen very, very close and her relaxed sighs are sometimes squeakier than they used to be, so I would possibly like to try antibiotics, just in case, soonish. I may post more details about that separately.

I think it takes a few weeks for immunity to build up. But if your rabbit is developing a respiratory infection, you also don't want to delay treating that. And I'm not sure how antibiotics will affect developing immunity. Whistling noises don't always mean URI. It can be other things that are affecting the nasal cavity. I would talk to your vet about what might be the best thing to do right now.

Latest posts

Back