Using dried herbs???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amy662

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently been making some adjustments to my almost 9 year old rabbit's care. He has been having some urinary and arthritis issues and I've looked into incorporating herbs to help with this. I've purchased dried cleavers, dandelion leaf, nettle leaf, plantain, and echinacea.

I've seen echinacea recommended on several cites, however I also just saw it listed as dangerous on a different cite. Can anyone weigh in on this? Is it consider safe or dangerous?

I can't seem to find any information on how much should be given. Does anyone have any insight on the amount I should give and how often?

I’m extremely sorry to hear about your bun and I hope he gets well soon 🤞🏻. Anyway, I feed my bunny fresh herbs, such as basil, dill and mint. I’m no expert but I wouldn’t trust sites, try and get vetinary advice! Kind regards

I've read of other rabbit owners using echinacea for their buns, particularly ones with respiratory issues, and the owners seemed to feel like it was helpful. I believe that I remember they would sprinkle a pinch or a capsules worth, over their buns food once or twice a day. Or maybe a drop or two of the tincture. But I can't say for sure as it's been a while. So if you wanted to be sure it would be best to research it.

Latest posts

Back