used rabbit hutch disenfecting help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash Gordon

Reaction score
i bought a hutch from somebody on Craigslist for 20 bucks got it home and then thought about all the diseases it could be carrying ..now im worried about putting one of my buns in it...ive soaked it in vinegar a couple of times..went thru a whole gallon of it..then i sprayed Vanodine all over it...do you think i killed all the cooties on it?..im not worried about normal bunny germs but i am worried that what if a bun mightve died in it and had something contagious...what do you guys think? Vanodine is suppose to kill like everything isnt it?

Thanks Suze Vanodine kills just about everything doesnt it?

it looks like some areas had pee soaked into the wood..should i soak this part of the wood or do u think cleaning the surface and spraying Vanodine on it and leaving it on there is good enough.?
thanks Julie:)

Yeah that's some wicked stuff!

My guess would be just spraying it on the pee area and leaving it would be good. It will disinfect it and kill the odor too it sounds like.

Flash Gordon wrote:
it looks like some areas had pee soaked into the wood..should i soak this part of the wood or do u think cleaning the surface and spraying Vanodine on it and leaving it on there is good enough.?
thanks Julie:)
You probably won't want to soak the wood just because it will likely rot through, wood isn't really meant to be soaked. Spray it with the Vanodine and then let the hutch sit outside for 2 weeks or so, if you have the time to wait on it. After disinfecting, most bacteria are killed already and most will die on their own after about 2 weeks if they haven't already. I really don't think that's necessary but if you are concerned about it, might as well. :)

Latest posts

Back