Urine still sludgy...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
My buns urine still has sludge sometimes. She pees outside the litter box too here and there, but sometimes it’s normal pee too not just sludge. The sludge smells bad, the normal pee smell like nothing almost? \_(••)_/ what could it be she took antibiotics for (possible) UTI. She gets veggies (green leaf lettuce, romaine) 2x a day. Pellets only in the morning 2 tablespoons. I cut out treats, I give half urinary support tablet and give fresh water daily.

I would wait and see, but if this continues for a week call your vet. The medicine will take time to help and it sounds like she is getting better. Was the UTI medicine the med. that spilled?

I would wait and see, but if this continues for a week call your vet. The medicine will take time to help and it sounds like she is getting better. Was the UTI medicine the med. that spilled?
Yes, it was the one that spilled but got prescribed more by my vet. She took it all.

In that case, I would wait and see if it improves. If not call your vet back as I said in my first post. Has it been getting better or worse every day?

It seems to gets better there’s no sludgy urine only normal pee outside the litter box, but then comes back again. She has had good litter habits never peed once outside since she was litter trained till now.

Know she is pooping outside the litter box? I know she does it spread around like normal, but know she’s poop in a group of poops. She acts comfortable she lays down then gets up then again over and over on her stomach. She goes inside her litter box too and lays down on her belly looking uncomfortable?

Know she is pooping outside the litter box? I know she does it spread around like normal, but know she’s poop in a group of poops. She acts comfortable she lays down then gets up then again over and over on her stomach. She goes inside her litter box too and lays down on her belly looking uncomfortable?
She is in pain. Have you been giving painkiller as well as antibiotics? If at all possible take her to the vet. She may need a longer course of antibiotics.

She is in pain. Have you been giving painkiller as well as antibiotics? If at all possible take her to the vet. She may need a longer course of antibiotics.
No, painkillers the antibiotics finished 2-3days ago. It was only five days long of antibiotics. I’ll be taking her back my other bun has an appointment weds I’ll make an appointment then for the next day.Do you have any advice what i can do for now?

No, painkillers the antibiotics finished 2-3days ago. It was only five days long of antibiotics. I’ll be taking her back my other bun has an appointment weds I’ll make an appointment then for the next day.Do you have any advice what i can do for now?
She definitely needs painkillers and I think the course of antibiotics was not long enough. Poor bunny. There is nothing you can do other than give her painkiller and get her to the vet ASAP. Keep her eating and drinking.

She definitely needs painkillers and I think the course of antibiotics was not long enough. Poor bunny. There is nothing you can do other than give her painkiller and get her to the vet ASAP. Keep her eating and drinking.
What type of painkillers are safe? I know I feel bad for her I wish I was a vet with all the equipment needed to treat her. I wish I could take her today. At the moment she’s eating hay she never stopped eating Which is good and drinking lots of water.

Latest posts

Back