Urine Stains and Carpet Holes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherMarie

Reaction score
So I have to questions, because my little angels are also little monsters.
The hallway is a make-shift run for when the buns come out to play and well, they've had quite a few accidents.
Between the hallway and somehow getting urine UNDERNEATH their old cage there are huge yellow spots from it sitting (how was i supposed to know my bun's pee could penetrate flooring and go down to the carpet.. :))
well, i have off white carpet so in the hallway i thought a bleach solution would take it right up...well it did but now i have Bleach stains...so this has a two part question, a good way to get bunny urine out of carpet and perhaps a way to get bleach out of carpet?

another question is, since Patchy is a digger she had moved part of her cage out and got behind there and dug a pretty decent sized hole all the way from through the carpet and through the floorboards to what looks like to me the ceiling of the people on the floor beneath me. do you guys know of any fixes to holey carpet?

now that i know that basic bunny proofing is a joke to my patchy i have made the necessary alterations, but need to fix the damage already done...

thanks.

IMG_0448.jpg

notice the red eyes, (it's just the camera, but showing her true self) this is the destructer lol

sorry bout the size i can't make it go smaller for some reason...

Thats a great size of pic :D

Sounds like your buns have been having fun :p I am not sure on the bleach stains :?u may be stuck with them. as for bunny wee Bruce uses a degreaser on teh carpet mixed with hot water it works really well.

I hope someone comes along with some better answers than me!

if i had w hite carpets and had bunny pee i might soak up the pee, if it is fresh, then try soaking it with vinegar or vinegar and water mix. Vinegar to help kill the smell so they dont keep going there and i dont know if that would take out the yellow stains. I have darker carpets and i assume that there are no stains in it because i cant see it,lol, maybe i am in denial.

Dana and I use Ressolve carpet cleaner. Its of the spray kind and you just scrub it, let it dry and then vacuum. Works great for us and its cheap; we get it at the local Dollar Store so its also very cheap. Not sure how it will work on the bleach burns though. You may be stuck with them.

As for the digging; it sounds like he has gotten to the sub floor. lol Its not the neighbors ceiling; thats a few inches lower from your floor. I cant tell you how to get your bunny to stop doing it but I can tell you how to patch the carpet cheep and easy.

You will need to find carpet to match yours first off. Usually carpet stores have end pieces that they will sell for cheap or tell them you just want to buy a square yard or two; you will also need matting to replace too. Now you have the carpet and matting; cut out the area that has been chewed so its in a nice square. cut the mat to fit in the square and tape it down with double sided tape (get this at Home Depot or Wal-Mart its cheaper) or a little Elmer's glue. Now cut your carpet patch with it being an inch or sobigger on all sides.

Now for the fun part.You will need to remove the extra inch of carpet from its backing so you have an inch of backing and then the carpet patch. Once you have that done all you have to do is use packing tape and on your edge of your patch and place the patch under the carpet edge. This will take time and I find if you do say the top and a side firs it will work best so you do a corner and 2 sides at a time. you can use a butter knife to lift the carpet so its easier to slid the patch into place.

This is a fast cheap fix that I learned in college.lol Have some good ones for nail holes too.

If this was totally confusing you can pm me and Ill try to walk you through it step by step.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back