Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryne

Reaction score
My rabbit, Snowball, (she's 7 mons old) has urine stains all over her left side. She loves to lay down on her pee i don't know why. I tried removing it by wiping it with wet wipes but the urine is dried. I noticed today that she's losing some fur. (specifically on the legs) Is there any safe cleaning solution I can use to clean the stained fur???

She's active and eating well by the way. i'm just worried it can lead to something worse. Please respond immediately if you can help us. tnx!

When you say she loves to lay down on her pee, what do you mean? If she enjoys lounging in her litterbox, I think you need to clean it more often and/or get more absorbent litter. Alternatively, is there a chance that Snowball is peeing on herself? This can be caused by a UTI or other medical-related conditions.

It sounds like urine scald, but I would be more sure if I could see a picture of her. Does she have a litter box?
https://www.houserabbitga.com/rabbit-urine-scald
Hello!! Yes, she does have a litter box with lots of hay in. Here's a photo. I noticed that the stains are slightly going away and by that, i mean the stains are less evident. Do you think it's a urine scald?? Thanks for your reply!!

Attachments

• A091FD63-D5A3-466A-9A9E-BA7B9065DC89.jpeg
    A091FD63-D5A3-466A-9A9E-BA7B9065DC89.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 4
When you say she loves to lay down on her pee, what do you mean? If she enjoys lounging in her litterbox, I think you need to clean it more often and/or get more absorbent litter. Alternatively, is there a chance that Snowball is peeing on herself? This can be caused by a UTI or other medical-related conditions.
Hi!! Snowball's cage has blankets on the floor and she also has a litterbox. The thing is, she removes the blanket and pees on the floor. After that, she will lay down near the pee or on the pee itself. I don't know if it is intentional or accidental because she has this favorite place to lay on. Oh, I don't think snowball is peeing on herself... haven't noticed her doing that. And, I also clean the litterbox everyday hehe. Thanks for replying by the way <3

There doesn't seem to be evidence of urine scald via the picture-- what would happen is the fur would begin to fall out and the skin would become irritated and red. It looks mighty uncomfortable, so be on the lookout if this were to occur.

It does sound like she is simply lounging near her pee. I don't think it's being in her pee that she enjoys, but the idea of moving blankets, peeing in the spot, and then laying down sounds very rabbit-like in general, as I've found they like to make a "nook" for themselves and that often coincides with a nice place to pee. If you plan to get her spayed, it may help with litterbox adherence.

It's great that it is fading!

Latest posts

Back