Urine outside of litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie94

Reaction score
For the last few weeks I have found small amounts of wee outside of my bunnies litter box. I have two bunnies and couldn't work out which one it was. Both have had urine checks and x rays today which have not found anything wrong. The vet was expecting to find bladder stones or sludge as the cause but it seems that's not the case! Has anything similar happened to anyone else and did you get to the bottom of it? Example pics below, sometimes the patches might be a little bigger than this but I haven't seen full wees outside the box.

Attachments

• 2CDC27C1-C9F8-40B8-B96A-513B6CA9D43B.png
    2CDC27C1-C9F8-40B8-B96A-513B6CA9D43B.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 1E20336C-29CC-4283-96D1-0369DB6C1DF2.png
    1E20336C-29CC-4283-96D1-0369DB6C1DF2.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Hi, I'm not very experienced myself but I've been doing lots of research on litter training for my new bunnies. When they reach puberty they can start to spray urine away from the litter tray to mark territory and it may continue until neutered.

That's the only knowledge I have on this, so sorry I'm not the best help.

@brerrabbit thank you for your answer both bunnies have been neutered for a while now they are 3 years old, one will be 4 next month and they were done at 6 months old. I'm not sure how likely it is for neutered bunnies to scent mark but definitely common in buns that are not neutered.

@brerrabbit thank you for your answer both bunnies have been neutered for a while now they are 3 years old, one will be 4 next month and they were done at 6 months old. I'm not sure how likely it is for neutered bunnies to scent mark but definitely common in buns that are not neutered.
I'll have to keep an eye on your thread as I'm curious for the answer now too. I hope someone has some ideas for you 🙂

Latest posts

Back