Urine marking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilsakli

Reaction score
I have a brown female lop mix, nearly 3 months post spay. Her age Is unknown, but presumed to be 2 years or older. She is perfectly litter trained in her xpen, but every time I let her out to play, she always find a random spot in my apartment to urinate… there is never any poo, just always urine and a large yellow pool of it. Just today she urinated next to the outside of her xpen on the blue tarp. The previous spots she urinated in I had already blocked off those areas. She just finds a new spot to go. It’s very frustrating and makes me not want to let her out to play. What can I do to correct this behavior?

I do have another male rabbit, they are not bonded yet, and I understand there might be some territorial behavior, but will this not stop until they are bonded?

thanks

Possible its a territorial behavior. Does the male bun usually stay in the places where she likes to pee?
You can also try to put an extra litterbox where she likes to pee :)

Could very well be territorial marking because of your other rabbit. Once they're bonded and have had several weeks of living together, the marking many times will subside. But another problem you might be having is suddenly letting her out into new territory. That often will result in territorial marking even if there isn't another rabbit around. Usually a rabbits space needs to be gradually expanded. And I'm not sure how that would be done if this is just temporary free roam you're doing and not a permanent expansion of her space.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/litter-training.html

My male rabbit is free roam so he’s been in every nook and cranny of my apartment. I think my best bet is to bond my two rabbits and keep them confine to the xpen and then slowly expand their space. At this moment, they do not particularly like each other.

Latest posts

Back