Urinating outside litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pani

Bunny servant Lotte
Reaction score
Clementine, my one and a half year old mini lop, has urinated out of her litter box four times today. She's normally excellent with her box habits, so for it to have happened so many times in a single day is a bit out of nowhere. She was at the vets a week ago for her annual calicivirus vaccination, and got a clean bill of health at that time. She's eating and drinking normally, and is being her usual self. She did get some outside time today for the first time since I've had her, she was in the yard on a bark area for about 20 minutes, other than that it's business as usual. Any ideas?

Is she spayed? Have you done anything to make her mad? I know my bun will go on the carpet intentionally if I've done something he didn't like or rearranged.

She's spayed, yes, has been for a little over a year now. As far as I know she shouldn't be overly upset with me, except for maybe the vet visit, but this began almost a week after that. She does have a habit of intentionally going outside of her box if she's upset, though, little stinker. :p

Could the vaccination have left her feeling a bit off? Or any other changes or new occurrences that could have disrupted her litter box habits? Could also have to do with her first time being outside. Something new like that might have thrown her off a bit.

Potentially either of those, JBun, I suppose. :) She seems to be doing it less so maybe she's just being a pain in the butt! My biggest concern was that it could be a sign of a health problem, so I'm glad to hear that's likely not the case.

Latest posts

Back