Urinate up on the cage, why do he do that?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have managed to get the most unexpected behavior from Toste.

I have an indoor cage where Odin always spend his time during the night time and sometimes stay in the cage during the day. Depends on if there will be people over and it will be safe for him to move around in the house.

Toste have moved in to make sure he's not alone and have company, I'm trying to bond the boys but I'm taking it slow. Toste is free roaming in my bedroom and get to run in the house a few hours while Odin will be in his cage when Toste move around.

But at least twice and always when I'm in the room while Odin is in the cage, Toste will jump up onto Odin cage. Toste go to the cage roof corner and do his business while Odin run around in the cage trying to avoid getting urine and droppings on him. Because Odin will follow Toste when he's above his cage and look up, the reason why Odin need to avoid the special rain coming towards him. This happens at least once every day, it can be different time during the day but always when Odin and me are in the bedroom. Toste easily jump up onto Odin cage because its only 80 cm high while Toste is use to jump up into the big hutch that's 1.1 m above the ground.

How can I make Toste stop doing his bathroom business above Odin's cage, I can't section Odin cage because I don't have more space in my bedroom. I just find it so weird when Toste always use the litter box and leave the couches and my bed. Also Toste only do it once or twice during the whole day.

The culprit of the crime:

Attachments

• 0491F2D8-DCE0-41F8-A0A9-F9334D838202.jpeg
    0491F2D8-DCE0-41F8-A0A9-F9334D838202.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 8
I moved Odin’s litter box, so if Toste jump up onto the cage he perfectly hit the litter box. The other times he often missed and Odin nearly walked into Toste urine 🙄

Toste still go up to the cage and do his business, at least he have gotten a better aim 😒

Oh goodness, it really sounds like Toste is trying to tell Odin that he's the King and this is his way to making his point? What if you take something and place it over the top to block Toste from jumping up there? It could be a large box, or a grid. Usually when I put something large over an area, Trixie will look up at it, contemplate whether or not to jump and then hops away because she can't be arsed with it.

Silly boys with such high testosterone.

Oh goodness, it really sounds like Toste is trying to tell Odin that he's the King and this is his way to making his point? What if you take something and place it over the top to block Toste from jumping up there? It could be a large box, or a grid. Usually when I put something large over an area, Trixie will look up at it, contemplate whether or not to jump and then hops away because she can't be arsed with it.

Silly boys with such high testosterone.

Both are neutered so testosterone level is supposed to be low 🤣

I’ll try to build a tower on Odin’s cage but it all depends on how determined Toste will be. Toste have a tendency to climb things when he can’t jump or jump between furniture. It’s in Toste nature to be a good jumper, he’s a bunny from a good jumping line. So he can easily jump up on things 😣

I put a large box up on Odin's cage and a travel cage to build up the height, Toste still try to jump up but he don't get a good grip to pull himself up xD

At least Odin will be safe in the cage and no sizzled urine will fall on him or a rain of droppings. I hope Toste won't turn to my bed, just to extract his revenge for building a wall to protect Odin.

At least you conquered one quest! I too hope that Toste will not use your bed as revenge. Trixie did that to me 2 weeks ago after I had to clip her nails. She came up, asked for cuddles and she had a moment where she did a spin and then pressed her butt on me. Then...you guessed it, she not only peed on the bed but she peed on me. 🤣

Both are neutered so testosterone level is supposed to be low 🤣

I’ll try to build a tower on Odin’s cage but it all depends on how determined Toste will be. Toste have a tendency to climb things when he can’t jump or jump between furniture. It’s in Toste nature to be a good jumper, he’s a bunny from a good jumping line. So he can easily jump up on things 😣

I have 2 girls and they love each other 90% of the time. The other 10% they will bite the other if they're in the way of the food, little one likes to hump the big one on her head, and they will pee on the food dish after they've eaten their fill. Such brats! They are just so adorable and I love them so much that I can't get mad at them. And they know it! I hope your tower works. Here's a pic of my 2 rascals:

Attachments

• 20190917_231506.jpg
    20190917_231506.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back