URGENT RESCUE: CA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MissysCove...they take them 24hrs a day? Oh man, I wish I'd known that. I encountered two small dogs on the road the other day, and couldn't pick them up because I couldn't figure out what to do with them from there. We had absolutely NO ability to bring them home with us for the night, and the poor dears were so obviously lost pets (one was a miniature doberman, the other looked mini-poodle-ish). I felt horrible not being able to pick them up.

Can you PM me and let me know...would I have just dropped them off at the shelter, or is there a 24hr number I would have to call? That way, in the future, when we encounter puppies or kitties in the street, we can just pick them on up and take them there or call to see what to do with them. Thanks! :)

I could PM you, or I could just post it here. They accept drop off's at the shelter 24/7. At the old shelter you had to ring a doorbell and someone would come, I'm not sure what the procedure is at the new one. You could always call the shelter if you wanted to, but I don't know of a direct number, you have to go through a phone menu. Somehow you can also call to have a stray picked up. The number for all animal services is

(888)4LAPET1

888-452-7381

I went into the shelter today for my first time in 2 months. There were empty rabbit cages, which is always a good sign for the buns still in there. If anyone is in the LA area and is looking for a bun or looking for a really fun volunteer opportunity, PM me for more information.

Latest posts

Back