URGENT in Chicago! Six rabbits in danger of euthanasia within days!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
I was just contacted by a lady named Hannah Arbizzani. She told me there are six rabbits in the Chicago Animal Care Control shelter that are in urgent need of rescue, they likely have less than a week before euthanasia. She does a lot of shelter networking in Illinois, and she said they don't usually call her unless there is very little time left.
The shelter does spay/neuter all animals before they leave the shelter, so that would be taken care of for you. I have no idea what their adoption fees are or anything, Hannah was running late for her (paying!) job and didn't have the time to give me all the details. If you could take any of these rabbits, even as a foster, PLEASE PLEASE call Hannah at 847-274-6800 or email her at [email protected] .
I hope to post with more info later this morning.

Did the volunteer receive any help? I know most of us are full. There's so many unwanted rabbits at shelters (and needing homes in rescue org's) 'tis a benefit to have anybun spayed and neutered before adoption. Neutered/spayed at the right age also.

Not as far as I know. I really wish I could have taken even a couple, but with my husband being out of work right now (like what seems like half of the country) it just isn't possible.

Latest posts

Back