(URGENT) How to Keep Bunny Safe During Possible Tornado?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aphxea

Reaction score
the weather forecasts in my area are horrible at the moment. i’m in west tennessee and currently living in a trailer/mobile home and have a rabbit who is around 7-8 months old. tornadoes are being predicted to happen tomorrow in middle tennessee and i’m concerned for the safety of myself and my rabbit. i do not have access to a basement or cellar and i don’t know of any shelters nearby because i live in pretty much middle of nowhere. i’m aware that staying in the home i’m in right now would be a horrible idea but i don’t know what my family’s plan is for this. all that i know of is that i’ll be driven somewhere if things get bad, but i don’t even know where. i’ve brought up my worries and i’m being ignored/yelled at for caring about this. how should i keep my rabbit safe?

I'd suggest putting her in a travel carrier with plenty of hay and have a bottle of water and a bowl handy. Keep her in that during the tornado warning time, even if you stay at home. If your family drives to a shelter, she'll be ready to go. Once you're settled (if you relocate), then you can give her the water in the bowl.

I'd suggest putting her in a travel carrier with plenty of hay and have a bottle of water and a bowl handy. Keep her in that during the tornado warning time, even if you stay at home. If your family drives to a shelter, she'll be ready to go. Once you're settled (if you relocate), then you can give her the water in the bowl.
thank you so much! i was being told by my mother that she wouldn’t let me take the bunny but i am still going to try to take her with me regardless of what happens for the sake of her safety. thank you once again for the advice :)

I'm in East TN and we are getting severe weather today as well
Thankfully we live in a house with a basement.
Grew up in trailers and previous home was a trailer. its scary.
Having a rabbit as a pet is foreign to some people and think it should be treated same as a cat or dog safety wise.
I still get worried about everyone and our pets in severe weather. Especially since tornadoes have hit here several times as well.
I agree with the above about having bunny ready in a carrier.
Prayers for your safety.

I'm in West TN too (the Milan/Medina/Jackson area), the weather is going to get pretty bad. Thankfully, we do have a storm shelter but it is very small (built for 4 people, and we have 6 in my family). I'm going to have a carrier, lots of hay, water/bowl, and a blanket ready so if things get bad I can get Theo into a coat closet since there is not enough room in the storm shelter. I hope you and your bunny are okay! I don't know how far you are from Jackson but lots of the houses in midtown have basements so maybe you know someone who would let you stay with them? Praying that the weather doesn't get too bad and everyone stays safe!

I'm in West TN too (the Milan/Medina/Jackson area), the weather is going to get pretty bad. Thankfully, we do have a storm shelter but it is very small (built for 4 people, and we have 6 in my family). I'm going to have a carrier, lots of hay, water/bowl, and a blanket ready so if things get bad I can get Theo into a coat closet since there is not enough room in the storm shelter. I hope you and your bunny are okay! I don't know how far you are from Jackson but lots of the houses in midtown have basements so maybe you know someone who would let you stay with them? Praying that the weather doesn't get too bad and everyone stays safe!
Is everyone okay???!

Latest posts

Back