URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score
IVE JUST FOUND A MOUSE.

i think it might have been poisened. I want to save it tho.

Ive put it in a box full of straw and put some rabbit food in there. we triedto give it water.

What else should i do???/

Please help me him!

Vitamin K is the antidote for mouse poison (whichcauses internal hemorrhaging). Mice can carry variousdiseases and handling the mouse may result in an infected bitewound. I don't recommend attempting to save the wild mouse,but do what you will.

Pam

Hey people.

Mousey is still alive and but hes breathing very qiuckley and he hasbeen for the last few hours. I pray he shay make it through the night.

I no probably most of u think as mice as vermin and i do as well butthis little guy (or gal) is so sweet and i hope that mousey makes it.

luv loz

xXx

I hope he makes it, Loz.

Keep us posted and bless your heart for caring for the little one.

-Carolyn

thats so sweet to save the little mousey, itsgreat but just be careful ok? it wouldnt be good if the mouse wascarrying a disease and u or your bun caught it.

Good for you Loz. Hope he/she makes it. We hadmice in the loft last year,and we got a humane trap - it catches themin a box, but doesn't kill them - and we took them and released them.They were so cute my husband took photos of them. My mum wasn't toopleased though :?. Good luck, - Jan

Oh, I hope you can save it! Hopefully the damage hasn't already been done. :(

Don't worry about catching rabies from the little guy if you get bit.It is almost impossible for mice (and rats- which I own) to carryrabies, since they do not have any saliva. Rabies is found in thesaliva. If you do get bitten it hurts really bad for a small critter!Be sure to wash it really good with antibacterial soap and hydrogenperoxide just to play it safe- better safe than sorry. :)

Good luck, keep us updated on the little fella! I will keep my fingerscrossed, and my rats will cross their paws, that it survives!

We caught a mouse the other night too! We werereally surprised to find it where we did because we're in a town home,the bottom floor is the garage, a den and two flights of stairs thattake you to the main floor. Well the mouse was on the main floor, theonly way he could have gotten up was by going up the stairs. It wasthen I remembered that I accidentally left the garage door standingwide open one night. Anyway, it was funny because I saw it and my firstreaction was to scream, and then I said quick grab the cat, get her outof here! And my husband is standing there puzzled.... don't we want thecat to get the mouse??? Anyway, it only took us about 20 minutes tocatch the mouse, we kept him in a plastic shoe box overnight and gavehim some water and hamster food, then we walked him into the forest thenext morning and let him go. The funny part is that while we werelooking for him we found in the coat closet where he'd been living,there was a little pile of sunflower seed shells, my birds are allright in the same area and I'd been commenting just days before wefound the mouse that there were less seeds being thrown from the birds.It was hilarious.

Megan

Mice are also incontenant (sp?) so always wash your hands after handling them with warm soapy water or antibacterial handwash.

I hopethe wee mouse isokay... we've had 2 frogs anda slug in through the door in the last two weeks. They mustget lost from next door's pond. One of them has laid spawn inour bucket for mopping the floors too :?(Dan left it outside) so we'vegot tadpoles in our bucket! LOL We've bought a new one andwe'll release them into the stream in the field next to us once they'rea bit bigger.

Mice aren't incontinent (unless due to a medicalproblem). Our little princess Ruth the mouse has neverurinated on us -- however, she does poop occasionally when being held.

Pam

Rats are incontinent, but they mainly pee to marktheir territory. My rats will give me clues when they have to go pee,so I put them back in the cage. Sometimes I am not paying attention andall of a sudden my leg gets realllllll warm- hehe. :p

Incontinence is the inability to control urination. They can control it -- they just may go a lot :)

Pam

LuvaBun wrote:
Good for you Loz. Hope he/she makes it. We had mice in theloft last year,and we got a humane trap - it catches them in a box, butdoesn't kill them - and we took them and released them.

Once experienced a mouse getting caught in a "snap" trap. Ithought death was instantaneous...it was not, and no animal deserved todie in that horrible, long, drawn out manner. Tried the"sticky" base mouse traps, which worked, but it was problematic gettingthe "sticky" to release the mouse and caused more problems than theinitial trapping.

Evenutally purchased and, have ever since that time, used aHavaheart live mouse trap and release any captive mice in the woods tofend for themselves. They may not survive in thatenvironment, but at least they will not die the horrible death Iwitnessed those many years ago.

Buck

Hey people mousey was really sick and he died this morning.

Last might he sat on my hand really cutely.
At firstI thought he hade escaped because i couldnt see him.But then i found he had burrowed to the bottom corner of the box andwas curled up there underneath all the straw. It was so sad.
-lauren

xXx

Awww, that's too bad Lauren, but perhaps he wasjust old. In any case you gave him a chance, if he'd picked the wronghouse he could have had a death sentence for sure.

Take care,

Megan

Latest posts

Back