Urgent help- cage chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisfliss

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I've just had a new cage made for Alfy & Dali and have not yet stained or waxed it. It is an indoor cage made of wood. Alfy has decided to start chewing it to bits. If I stain it do you think it will deter her and what do I stain it with? They're on holiday next week at bunny boarding as I'm away for the weekend so it is the perfect time to stain it!

Thanks!

i would not stain it!! you don't want them chewing at that. i had a problem with my rabbit chewing the wood legs on her hutch (it is inside in her room) and i covered the legs in fabric and she hasn't touched them :) if it is in a corner, you can always get some poplar fleece and use a staple gun to secure it. other than that, i recommend x-pen cages or cages made from C&C grids (or NIC grids)

poopin' in the "cage" area in my room

They were in a dog cage but I got a wooden one made for them. What do others do with bunnies that are in wooden hutches?

If it is a vegetable based stain, it will be perfectly safe for your bunny to chew the wood. If you don't want them chewing it, try offering something else to chew on. Perhaps some apple or pear twigs or something made from willow or sea grass. Bunnybytes.com is a great website that sells many awesome rabbit toys and habitats that will keep your bun busy for hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back